Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about deleting days on SD Cards?
Question about deleting days on SD Cards?
Hi I ran into a problem today with my SD Card not making a record of last night.

I started on May 30, therefore I had records for 11 days, up until Jun 9th.

When I went to pull out the card tonight to put it into my laptops, I noticed it seemed to already be out.
I don't know if when putting it in last night i didn't do it properly and it popped out again OR if I just had too many days on it and it popped out for that reason.

In any event, what do most of you do here?
Do you erase each days records after backing up or do you delete it every week, etc?

Thanks.
I don't see any info in Sleepy head suggesting the most common preferences??

TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about deleting days on SD Cards?
When you put it back in the S9 it will put the basic usage info back on the card but not the detailed info. Seems like there is a difference where sleepyhead won't see it but Rescan would? Someone will fill in that blank. I don't delete anything off the card, the machine will automatically just keep the newest 7 days of detailed or something and a year or so of the compliance basic usage info. so as long as you download the detailed info within that 7 days you won't miss anything. I too have left the card in the computer and had a few holes in my info. Live and learn.
Good luck,
Doc J

Added, it can't pop out itself. That's up to you to click it in.
Post Reply Post Reply
u r right, it can't pop out itself...but i could have sworn i had pushed it in fully.

Hmmm, now I am wondering if I am screwing with the file system by putting it in my mac and then into my samsung laptop......ok i will try another night and hopefully download the data from it tomorrow ok

Post Reply Post Reply
Most of us always set the lock tab before reading it with the computer; then slide the the tab back to unlock before reinsertion into the machine.
The lock tab works like the lock tabs on 3.5 inch, 1.44 Meg floppy disks. A "feeler" in the reader checks the state of the tab.

Yes, you must have not gotten the card to latch upon reinsertion. I always watch the LCD screen after reinsertion to watch it read the card. Then I know I have latched it in place.

If your computer were to mess up the file system, the ResMed would reformat the card. You would see a message in the LCD window.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2014, 09:15 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: In any event, what do most of you do here?
Do you erase each days records after backing up or do you delete it every week, etc?

the autoset itself manages the last years data on the card:

Compliance and therapy summary and statistic data (usage, AHI, pressure, and leak) -- 365 nights

Detailed data -- 30 nights

AHI and AI (events/hr)
Apnea or hypopnea events (sec) as needed
Flow limitation (flat to round) 1/2 Hz
Flow (L/min) 25 Hz
Leak (L/sec) 1/2 Hz
Minute ventilation (L/min) 1/2 Hz
Pressure (cm H 2 O) 1/2 Hz
Pulse rate (beats/min) 1 Hz
Snore (quiet to loud) 1/2 Hz
Oxygen saturation (SpO 2 ) (%) 1 Hz
Usage (hr:min)

High resolution flow data -- 7 nights

so, the recommended is, leave it alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just as a note; Those SD cards are large enough to hold several years worth of data without erasing anything. I have no idea why ResMed decided to only keep a certain number of days worth of data on the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2014, 06:31 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: Just as a note; Those SD cards are large enough to hold several years worth of data without erasing anything. I have no idea why ResMed decided to only keep a certain number of days worth of data on the card.

It's a 2GB card. I'm going to guess that reading many days of high rate data would take more time that the average DME or sleep doc would care to wait; so, they only keep 7 days of high rate.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm...ok..........well its on the unlock latch and it didnt record last night either.........although i made sure I did push it in properly......

After reading these posts I took it back and pushed it in again and waited while it said it was reading the card.
Im almost positive I watched it do that last night as well

yet, nothing for the past 2 nights and its on unlock yet looking at the card I believe its ok......hmm...thinking as to why its not recording stuff.....

whats the setting on the S9 that records data again?
I believe there is one and if so, I will need to check it to make sure it hasn't somehow been touched by mistake

[Image: 21dn9mt.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you unplugged the machine for a while to reset it to see if that helps.

Detailed data has to be changed from Usage to On, but you apparently already had that set.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Bama Rambler, try unplugging your machine for a while then plug it in again. Sounds like you are doing other things right with unlocking the card to put in your computer and unlocking it to put it back in your machine. I always make sure the SD is pushed in completely and that the machine knows it is there by watching the screen confirm 'reading SD card'. It is easy to think it is clicked completely into place when it isn't.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 113 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 420 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 338 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 875 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,728 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 903 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 673 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.