Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about deleting days on SD Cards?
RE: Question about deleting days on SD Cards?
My machine failed to score events, and high rate data was missing.
I power cycled my machine to get it to work. Seems, like any computer, the xPAP machine can get into a state that requires a reboot.
When pulling the AC power cord for the power brick, it takes a while for the voltage to hit zero.
Likely there are capacitors that store charge. So, a quick power cycle did not work.
I left it unplugged for many minutes to get a reset.

You might go into the clinician menu and double check that Detailed Data On setting too.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I have double checked and the button for Smart settings is on.......so I have unplugged it for now and will give it 20 mins and then, I can try lying down with it for 10 mins and see if it records anything ........will post back if it fails, trying then to figure out what else it could be..
Post Reply Post Reply
No idea what it is.

I unplugged it for about an hour. Both from the back of the machine, and as well, from the extension cord.........i have it plugged into

I put it back in and lay down for about 20 minutes.
Perhaps it wasn't long enough but i put it in my Mac and Sleepyhead still s hows the 9th as the last recorded data

I put it back into my Windows with Rescan and suddenly I can see the 10th and the 11th although, it shows the 11th as only being on for 2.5 hours which is wrong for my mask was on for a minimum of 5 hours.

So far, up until the 9th and i doubt this is the reason, I would install it into Sleepyhead first and then take it out and put it into my Windows laptop and until just now, it too did not show up after the 9th but after that reset if showed me Jun 10th and then just now, about 2.5 hours of the 11th.....nothing from the 20 minutes of today showed up.

Since i have only been at this on this card since May 30th maybe its best to reformat the card?
I don't want to keep getting night after night without data on the card...........i bought the machine so I COULD get data read on it.....

edit: if worse comes to worse, i could I s up pose take out the SD card from my Escape...guessing its still a 2gig card and would just install whatever files it needed onto that card OR i have a few SD cards kicking around i could format and start over?
Post Reply Post Reply
As I said earlier Sleepyhead will never see the missed data, Rescan will see the basic usage and compliance data after you put the card back in. Not sure why only some of the hours show up. Not sure why the 20 minutes don't show up. Remember the day starts at noon till noon the next day. I wouldn't think there's anything wrong with the card. I don't need to lock my card when I read it so I don't have to worry about not unlocking before returning to the machine which would be the same as not putting it in.
Good luck,
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2014, 10:28 PM)Doc J Wrote: As I said earlier Sleepyhead will never see the missed data, Rescan will see the basic usage and compliance data after you put the card back in. Not sure why only some of the hours show up. Not sure why the 20 minutes don't show up. Remember the day starts at noon till noon the next day. I wouldn't think there's anything wrong with the card. I don't need to lock my card when I read it so I don't have to worry about not unlocking before returning to the machine which would be the same as not putting it in.
Good luck,
Doc J

Then I misunderstood your comment about it not being able to see the missed data. Although I do see you are right in that Rescan can see something that Sleepyhead can't see.

Ok, well I will try it again tonight and see how it goes.
Maybe I will just start using ReScan rather than Sleepyhead.

Thanks, fingers are crossed that it is as you have suggested i hope

;-)

Thx

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2014, 11:22 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: Detailed data has to be changed from Usage to On, but you apparently already had that set.

I could be wrong, but I believe that's only for the on system display, not the sd card recorded data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2014, 12:11 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Ok, I have double checked and the button for Smart settings is on

smartstart controls whether or not it starts and stops when you put on and take off the mask, not whether it records data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Diamaunt for clearing that up.

Doc J: Not sure what i am missing from what you are saying for it didn't work again last night on Sleepyhead, only in ReScan so I will just use ReScan in future.

It worked in both software programs for 10 days but just stopped working in Sleepyhead but fortunately I have another choice

Thanks

edit:

I think I have been taking the mask off in my sleep at around the 3 hour mark the past couple of nights. I believe I am waking up and telling myself its morning or 15 minutes to wake up time so i am taking off the mask believing I am about to wake up and get up but then i fall back to sleep, surprised several hours later when i wake up without a mask on my head but I DO remember telling myself earlier that it was morning time...........that might be why its not showing up in Sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
If Rescan can see detailed data then Sleepyhead should too. I guess make sure you are telling it to download the full detailed when you have the choice in Sleepyhead, maybe it became unchecked in the choices. The part about Rescan being able to see the usage data after you put the card back in the S9 is what Sleepyhead will not see. And neither will ever get the detailed data that doesn't exist because the card was not in. Missing a night of data isn't a big deal some of it you can see on the S9 display.

I know you just want to make sure it works from now on. Hopefully you get back on track and can stand whatever pressure you need to stop all those events. I'm not sure you should notice a huge difference going from 10 to 11 or 12 but we are all different. I think I'm just lucky I don't notice a thing at 12 or 13 but it can go to 17 if needed but it never does.

So keep fighting the small battles and soon the war will be within sight.

Good luck
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
It STILL isn't working in Sleepy head but is doing just fine in ReScan
Even last night after 7 hours it won't work in that one but will in the other.

Someone suggested last night that this was why Sleepyhead wasn't registering my data but I certainly can at least grasp that very basic fundamental rule, which is, that one must be sleeping more than 4 hours per night in order to register. I would never have posted a thread if that were the case.

In any event, thanks for the answers here.
I am no longer asking for reasons why Sleepyhead is not working in my mac......people tend to get focused on an obvious negative when its not the clue. All I know is Rescan is working so windows for this it is.

Thanks for everyones help but theres no reason for this thread to continue unless someone else has a related question.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 115 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 421 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 340 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 877 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,729 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 904 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 673 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.