Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about deleting days on SD Cards?
RE: Question about deleting days on SD Cards?
(06-12-2014, 06:31 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: Just as a note; Those SD cards are large enough to hold several years worth of data without erasing anything. I have no idea why ResMed decided to only keep a certain number of days worth of data on the card.

Looking at my data, full data can be something like 5 MB per night. I think the S9 was designed to use 1 GB SD cards, so that would be 200 days worth of data, so it isn't really "years" worth of data. They might have even designed it for 512 MB or smaller SD cards when they first designed the machine.

Someone posted saying it had something to do with the FAT filesystem used on the card and the minimum file size or the maximum number of files in a directory limiting things even further. S9 machines write a LOT of files every night.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2014, 10:26 AM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Hmm...ok..........well its on the unlock latch and it didnt record last night either.........although i made sure I did push it in properly......

After reading these posts I took it back and pushed it in again and waited while it said it was reading the card.
Im almost positive I watched it do that last night as well

yet, nothing for the past 2 nights and its on unlock yet looking at the card I believe its ok......hmm...thinking as to why its not recording stuff.....

whats the setting on the S9 that records data again?
I believe there is one and if so, I will need to check it to make sure it hasn't somehow been touched by mistake

Hi ShelaghDB,

The Sleep Quality setting should be set to ON, not Usage. But I'm not sure whether the Sleep Quality setting affects what data is saved on the card. It might only affect what data is shown on the LCD display.

If the problem has not been not solved by cycling power, and is not solved by going into the Clinician Settings area and turning ON the Sleep Quality setting, then I would suggest reformatting the SD card "Removable Drive" on your laptop and then letting the S9 machine reformat it again, if it complains.

My machine has stopped recording data correctly a few times (or maybe it was ResScan which stopped being able to read the card), but everything worked again after I reformatted the SD card.

But pay close attention to what the S9 says when the S9 is reading the card. If it wants to reformat the card, say YES.

On a blank or newly-formated SD card, the S9 AutoSet will write all the data it has in the machine, which will be the Statistical Data for the most recent 365 days or so, plus the bar chart Summary Data for the most recent 30 days.

The detailed Data for past 30 days (plots of Leak and Pressure, etc), plus the High Rate data (plots of the Flow and the High Rate Pressure) for past 7 days, are saved to the card but not the machine.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

ADDED:

Oh, and first, if using ResScan, while downloading, make sure that "All available data" has been selected for downloading.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2014, 09:15 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: I don't know if when putting it in last night i didn't do it properly and it popped out again OR if I just had too many days on it and it popped out for that reason.

I just noticed the italicized bit, it's not physically possible for the card to pop out on it's own. (barring a failure in the sd card slot, which would prevent you from being able to click it back in)... there is no mechanism in the sd card slot to 'eject' a card. you have to push it in till it clicks, then it will come out, when putting it back in, if you don't press it in till it clicks, then the spring will push it back out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 12:07 AM)archangle Wrote: Looking at my data, full data can be something like 5 MB per night. I think the S9 was designed to use 1 GB SD cards, so that would be 200 days worth of data, so it isn't really "years" worth of data.

the resmed s9 machines age off the detailed data after a week, there's a post upthread about the retention for various types of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 12:07 AM)archangle Wrote: Looking at my data, full data can be something like 5 MB per night. I think the S9 was designed to use 1 GB SD cards, so that would be 200 days worth of data, so it isn't really "years" worth of data. They might have even designed it for 512 MB or smaller SD cards when they first designed the machine.
I guess I'm lucky not being hobbled by ResMed's arcane philosophy and non-standard file structure. The 8gb card in my machine should hold many years worth of data.

However, it's a moot point as I download the data every few days to my computer which gets backed up to my network array.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 116 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 421 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 340 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 877 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,729 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 904 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 673 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.