Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about event flags in SH
Question 
Question about event flags in SH
What are the numbers in parentheses following the text in the event flag field while mousing over the event? For example: "Hypopnea (10)"

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about event flags in SH
number of seconds
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
To expound slightly on Mongo's post:

That is the number of seconds the event lasted. They will always be at least 10.

For further info:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-software
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2016, 11:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: To expound slightly on Mongo's post:

That is the number of seconds the event lasted. They will always be at least 10.

For further info:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...SleepyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-software
Thanks. Almost all of mine are 10, so that actually implies a duration between 1 and 10. I always wondered about that.

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, it will not be scored if less than 10 seconds.
Paula: Thanks for expanding the answer. I was really tired when I wrote my rather terse answer.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jim
Events need to last 10 seconds or more to be scored as apnea or hypopnea
Less than 10 seconds events doesn't meet the criteria for an apnea or hypopnea

Does the A10 Elite score RERA (Respiratory effort-related arousal)?
A10 AutoSet for Her does and the updated version of the A10 AutoSet does too

Hypopnea here and there is nothing to worry about, but tons of them Smile is cause of concern and might need some pressure adjustment or/and tinkering with EPR

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for clearing that up. The Elite is the low-end model - just your basic CPAP. It doesn't score RERAs (at least I can't find them). I don't get many hypopneas, but I've wondered why they always score exactly 10. Now I know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2016, 09:44 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: Thanks everyone for clearing that up. The Elite is the low-end model - just your basic CPAP. It doesn't score RERAs (at least I can't find them). I don't get many hypopneas, but I've wondered why they always score exactly 10. Now I know.

Not sure if you do understand.
They can be 10 Plus, so hypo(30) or more is possible.
Since yours are hypo(10) That means yours barely registered. That's good. One second less and it wouldn't show up, One second more and it would have said hypo(11).
Hope that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the chart on the left in sleepyhead and click on the events tab, then double click on hypopnea's It has a better breakdown of hypo length.
My event chart on RH side also says hypo(10) 90% of the time, but when I open up the chart on the left I get the true length, and they vary.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 461 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 477 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  What is a 'Clear Airway' Event? dreamstream 13 16,355 08-29-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: nallac
  Cheyene Stokes event - first ever in 120 nights Willgetthere 2 511 08-27-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Willgetthere
  [Diagnosis] Is this indicative of most events happening during REM? | What is a respiratory event Dire 4 554 08-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Dire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.