Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about hypnopnea readings and asv's
Ohmy 
Question about hypnopnea readings and asv's
I have been using my asv resulting in ahi readings mostly in the 1 and 2 ranges. I have gotten one 0.87, one or two 3's and two 4's readings.  In every case I have had 0 obstructive apneas, 0 to (with 1 exception) less than 1 unclassified apneas and mostly hypopneas, usually between 1.6 and 3.5 (clear airway apneas are not recorded)  Do these statistics reflect events that occurred and were taken care of by the asv, or to events that were unresolved? Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about hypnopnea readings and asv's
(06-12-2017, 10:31 AM)Sterling147 Wrote: I have been using my asv resulting in ahi readings mostly in the 1 and 2 ranges. I have gotten one 0.87, one or two 3's and two 4's readings.  In every case I have had 0 obstructive apneas, 0 to (with 1 exception) less than 1 unclassified apneas and mostly hypopneas, usually between 1.6 and 3.5 (clear airway apneas are not recorded)  Do these statistics reflect events that occurred and were taken care of by the asv, or to events that were unresolved? Thanks for your help.

Hi there Stirling...

Assuming you are using the Resmed ASV, the ASV will never show clear airway(Central Apneas) as that is what the machine beautifully deals with.
The Resmed algorithm just calls all untreated OA's unclassified, I personally wonder why they can't update their software, but who am I to complain, lol.
The algorithm does however, let you know when you have hypopneas.

If you have CAs, or OA's listed in your graphs you can take them off.

Not sure what the Phillips version of the ASV shows....

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about hypnopnea readings and asv's
I do believe that they are events that your machine did not resolve.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 140 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 540 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 764 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 450 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 176 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,366 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  [Diagnosis] Request observations on readings/Leaks Bob Cali 11 1,115 07-29-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.