Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about inspiratory time and expiratory time
Question about inspiratory time and expiratory time
Should the average times on these be about the same? The reason I ask is because my average expiratory time is always just a little bit longer. I was wondering if maybe I should turn off the EPR because the lower pressure was maybe letting my airway narrow just a little bit so it takes longer to breath out?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about inspiratory time and expiratory time
In theory, it shouldn't. The exhale pressure is no greater than 3cm from the inhale. What number do you have the EPR set to? Range is 1-3.

I have no clue what mine is. I need to check and see what it is like without it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The EPR is set on 2. It was on 3 but I turned it down a few nights ago because someone said you really don't need it and should turn it off if you don't need it. I'm going to turn it down to 1 after a week and then a week after that I'll turn it off completely.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is comfort thing some prefer to use while others don,t. some liken it to mini-bilevel effect but its nothing of the sort as in bilevel the difference in ipap and epap is constant. ResScan pressure graph shows 2 pressure and the distances between them stay the same while the pressure graph of cpap/apap shows only one pressure regardless whether EPR is on or off. EPR can be suspended during an apnea and it depend how quick inhalation resume as exhalation end as different machines follow different algorthim.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 135 1 hour ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 3 99 11 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 869 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 127 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 117 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 295 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.