Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about pressure pulse
RE: Question about pressure pulse
I am not sure why you are concerned about pressure pulses. Philips machines use the pressure pulse to test to see that you are at the optimum pressure. Pressure pulses can be either positive or negative and they are just the machine checking things out. The idea is to get ahead of the apneas which is also what the machine is doing when it raises pressure due to snore or flow limitations.

Some people will tell you that they like the Philips algorithm (pressure pulse testing) better than waiting for something to happen before adjustments are made. Since snore and flow limitations are not apnea events, I do not see the harm in letting one or two of those happen before raising the pressure to keep the apneas that these are precursors to, from happening.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about pressure pulse

skintone.

Hello.
Sleepyhead v1.0.0-beta-2 revision cb213cc with my machine: airsense10 shows very clear the flow pulses that you are looking for in your graphic. In my graphic, the flow pulses are in 2 different colors: violet for clear apnea and blue for obstructive apnea and they correlates very good with the events graphic.
-You must check if you got the last SH version.
-It can be too, that your machine doesn't keep and manages this information. All the machines are not done the same way and the same SH graphic changes with the brand and model of every machine.
I think that you must check if you got the last SH version. If that doesn't work, the problem can be how your machine manages the data. I don't have solution for that. May be Mark can take care of this problem for the next SH revision.
Good luck.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,218 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,777 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 672 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 403 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Fairly consistent pulse rate spikes every night shyrwall 4 327 01-12-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: shyrwall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.