Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Question about pressure pulse
I am not sure why you are concerned about pressure pulses. Philips machines use the pressure pulse to test to see that you are at the optimum pressure. Pressure pulses can be either positive or negative and they are just the machine checking things out. The idea is to get ahead of the apneas which is also what the machine is doing when it raises pressure due to snore or flow limitations.

Some people will tell you that they like the Philips algorithm (pressure pulse testing) better than waiting for something to happen before adjustments are made. Since snore and flow limitations are not apnea events, I do not see the harm in letting one or two of those happen before raising the pressure to keep the apneas that these are precursors to, from happening.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
08-09-2016 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
natyprueba Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: airsense10
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: resmed mirage 4
Humidifier: integrated in machine
CPAP Pressure: 12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Learning

Sex: Male

RE: Question about pressure pulse
skintone.

Hello.
Sleepyhead v1.0.0-beta-2 revision cb213cc with my machine: airsense10 shows very clear the flow pulses that you are looking for in your graphic. In my graphic, the flow pulses are in 2 different colors: violet for clear apnea and blue for obstructive apnea and they correlates very good with the events graphic.
-You must check if you got the last SH version.
-It can be too, that your machine doesn't keep and manages this information. All the machines are not done the same way and the same SH graphic changes with the brand and model of every machine.
I think that you must check if you got the last SH version. If that doesn't work, the problem can be how your machine manages the data. I don't have solution for that. May be Mark can take care of this problem for the next SH revision.
Good luck.
Ralph.
08-10-2016 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 311 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Pulse Oxygen Sensor muddywaters 6 331 11-27-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [Equipment] CMS 50F PLUS OLED Wrist Color Pulse Oximeter with Innovo┬« SnugFit probe Ham Radio 5 393 11-15-2016 05:03 PM
Last Post: JuicyJuices
  Which disturbs sleep most? High Pressure or Changing Pressure Rcgop 7 1,268 11-10-2016 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Low pressure auto button off question Lanco 1 231 09-21-2016 04:42 AM
Last Post: Lanco
  A Question of Exhale Pressure Relief thecpapguy! 9 872 09-09-2016 07:36 AM
Last Post: thecpapguy!
Question What Pulse Oximeters work with SleepyHead? jerod 20 7,584 09-05-2016 05:47 PM
Last Post: Marthajoy7