Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about pressure pulse
Question about pressure pulse
Hi, I read somewhere that the pressure pulse log in sleepy head is used to characterize an apnea as either being OA or CA. If this is the case, wouldn't one expect to see a corresponding entry in the OA/CA log at a similar time frame to when the pressure pulse was sent?

The chart below shows pressure pulse at 12:51:51am-12:52:13am. Flow rate graph shows this as zero flow. But obstructive events and clear airway events have 0 entries at this time. Can someone explain and clarify this to me?

[Image: EDec6ar.png]

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about pressure pulse
I noticed the same, no pressure increase at OA events and on the other hand pressure spikes at regular intervals which didn't seem to be related to my breathing pattern. I wonder what the mechanism is of this algorithm.
Post Reply Post Reply
just out of simple curiosity, is there a program you can install on your system that comes from the manufacture of your machine you can use to compare against sleepyhead reports for similar occurrences?
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not that I'm aware of. If there is one, please let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed's software is available from the links at the top of this page. I have used them both and much prefer SeepyHead.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Respironics Encore Pro 2 works with the DreamStation. I get excellent agreement between Encore and SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's called EncorePro version 2.17.8.0 for DreamStation Machines. It's available. Check the software support forum.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, I'm going to download it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind you if you want detailed data and graphs for every day with encore Pro, you have to upload your data every day to Encore Pro.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi folks, I tried the recommended software and it wasn't very good/useful for me I had to remove it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,207 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,759 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 200 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 669 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 227 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 403 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Fairly consistent pulse rate spikes every night shyrwall 4 326 01-12-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: shyrwall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.