Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about purchasing a new mask
RE: Question about purchasing a new mask
(03-25-2014, 07:46 PM)c0reDump Wrote:
(03-25-2014, 08:24 AM)Purduewriter Wrote:
(03-25-2014, 07:28 AM)c0reDump Wrote: Don't let your insurance company get ripped off, just because you think it is someone else's money being fleeced.
Awww, C0reDump, that's kinda mean. I DO have a deductible and I AM paying for this. And I've also already looked up how to report this to my insurance company as well. I just didn't know better. That's why I asked. Don't assume the worst.

Really sorry about that *bows*. I misread that they were billing your insurance company -- if you have deductibles then they are billing YOU (though indirectly through your ins. company).

In the end, you've paid $78 and have only 2 pillows to show for it (your supplier has the other 4 pillows that are really yours).

No worries!! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I sent an email to the company and received a voice mail from the Operations Manager. He said that he wanted to assure me that they use gloves when taking things in and out of the opened packages, but beyond that, he said they do not sell the pillows they take out of the packages. He said they use them to "size" people when they are fitted for masks and that they also give them to people on public aid. He offered to send me a complete new mask sealed with all three pillow sizes in the package, and he offered to have someone drive it to my house. I didn't talk to him, but I am not going to take him up on his offer and I am not going do business with them in the future. One thing that does frustrate me, I called my insurance company and asked if I can purchase my supplies online (at the super low cost places) and then turn in for reimbursement. Unfortunately, no. I have to use an "approved supplier" of which this company with bad business practices and sky-high prices is one. Ugh. Why do insurance companies want to pay more than necessary? No wonder healthcare costs so much!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I know you're frustrated with this supplier, and I know DME's along with insurance companies, sleep docs, and puppy mills can be the bane of our society. But please do not shoot yourself in the foot over this. I have heard far worse horror stories than the one you cite above where the company is offering you a new mask and will even deliver it.

They may be scumbags, but they sound like scumbags that are willing to do what is required to keep you as a customer. You do not know that about the next DME down the line.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2014, 10:26 AM)Purduewriter Wrote: ... He said they use them to "size" people when they are fitted for masks and that they also give them to people on public aid....

I call BS on that. He sold you a single XS pillow for $39 that they ripped off from someone else's package.

Post Reply Post Reply
I also find it hard to believe that they use the extra's for fitting on other people and then give them to the poor. Sounds like a cop out to me. Wanting to give you a new mask and hand deliver it sounds like a get out of gaol card free.
They have been caught out.
I am sure there must be a decent supplier with reasonable costs out there, just waiting for you.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 141 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 364 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 332 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 589 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie Question about mask and hose compatability stalemate365 0 378 05-31-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: stalemate365

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.