Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 6-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
RE: Question about purchasing a new mask
(03-25-2014 07:46 PM)c0reDump Wrote:  
(03-25-2014 08:24 AM)Purduewriter Wrote:  
(03-25-2014 07:28 AM)c0reDump Wrote:  Don't let your insurance company get ripped off, just because you think it is someone else's money being fleeced.
Awww, C0reDump, that's kinda mean. I DO have a deductible and I AM paying for this. And I've also already looked up how to report this to my insurance company as well. I just didn't know better. That's why I asked. Don't assume the worst.

Really sorry about that *bows*. I misread that they were billing your insurance company -- if you have deductibles then they are billing YOU (though indirectly through your ins. company).

In the end, you've paid $78 and have only 2 pillows to show for it (your supplier has the other 4 pillows that are really yours).

No worries!! Smile
03-25-2014 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Purduewriter Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 6-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Well, I sent an email to the company and received a voice mail from the Operations Manager. He said that he wanted to assure me that they use gloves when taking things in and out of the opened packages, but beyond that, he said they do not sell the pillows they take out of the packages. He said they use them to "size" people when they are fitted for masks and that they also give them to people on public aid. He offered to send me a complete new mask sealed with all three pillow sizes in the package, and he offered to have someone drive it to my house. I didn't talk to him, but I am not going to take him up on his offer and I am not going do business with them in the future. One thing that does frustrate me, I called my insurance company and asked if I can purchase my supplies online (at the super low cost places) and then turn in for reimbursement. Unfortunately, no. I have to use an "approved supplier" of which this company with bad business practices and sky-high prices is one. Ugh. Why do insurance companies want to pay more than necessary? No wonder healthcare costs so much!!
03-26-2014 10:26 AM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Sex: Male

I know you're frustrated with this supplier, and I know DME's along with insurance companies, sleep docs, and puppy mills can be the bane of our society. But please do not shoot yourself in the foot over this. I have heard far worse horror stories than the one you cite above where the company is offering you a new mask and will even deliver it.

They may be scumbags, but they sound like scumbags that are willing to do what is required to keep you as a customer. You do not know that about the next DME down the line.
03-26-2014 11:46 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
c0reDump Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro Air
Humidifier: H5i (distilled)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 9-17cmH2O
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

(03-26-2014 10:26 AM)Purduewriter Wrote:  ... He said they use them to "size" people when they are fitted for masks and that they also give them to people on public aid....

I call BS on that. He sold you a single XS pillow for $39 that they ripped off from someone else's package.
03-26-2014 12:09 PM
Gabby Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Philips Nuance Nasal Mask
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10 For Her
CPAP Pressure: 8-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I also find it hard to believe that they use the extra's for fitting on other people and then give them to the poor. Sounds like a cop out to me. Wanting to give you a new mask and hand deliver it sounds like a get out of gaol card free.
They have been caught out.
I am sure there must be a decent supplier with reasonable costs out there, just waiting for you.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
03-26-2014 03:58 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] Question about getting new mask sleepytimegal 11 494 09-28-2016 10:31 PM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  Setting up DreamStation with F&P Simplus mask question grahamwright1 4 519 08-19-2016 11:58 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Mask/leak question. jessamnda 7 666 08-10-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: jessamnda
  new user, mask question marylyn 4 498 07-27-2016 06:49 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Air Fit P10 mask question GrammaBear 4 489 06-24-2016 10:07 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Purchasing APAP machine online cate1898 8 732 06-14-2016 04:45 AM
Last Post: Mutineer
  Question about HST company and mask types jhtrazor 3 427 04-12-2016 10:32 PM
Last Post: bill-e