Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about rainout and humidity in Australia
Question about rainout and humidity in Australia
Since we have had a cooler weather this last few weeks I am starting to get frequent rainout in my tube coming up to my pillows.
I have had my temp. set on 24 degrees and humidity on 4.
Previously when I have had my machine on Auto I used to get rainout that is why I set it manually.
I have a ResMed Airsense Autoset 10 for her.
I would even like to give it a try without the humidifier but am not sure how to go about it.
Would I empty the water and put temperature and humidity down to zero?
If I didn't go without humidity does anyone have any suggestions as to what to set my numbers to please? My room gets to about 16 degrees Celsius at night.

Thanks for any help.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about rainout and humidity in Australia
I'm pretty sure I read in the instructions to keep the tube temp at 27 degrees or higher to help reduce rainout if you don't have it on auto. I haven't had a rainout issue with my Autoset 10 set to auto humidity control but I do have reverse cycle heating in my room. I would try adjusting the tube temp first and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2015, 07:07 AM)Gabby Wrote: Since we have had a cooler weather this last few weeks I am starting to get frequent rainout in my tube coming up to my pillows.
Previously when I have had my machine on Auto I used to get rainout that is why I set it manually.
I would even like to give it a try without the humidifier but am not sure how to go about it.
If I didn't go without humidity does anyone have any suggestions as to what to set my numbers to please? My room gets to about 16 degrees Celsius at night.

Thanks for any help.
Hi Gabby,
Good to hear from you again, I hope all is well.
I think you can use your machine without a humidifier, but it seems to me like I read that you need a cover that goes over where the humidifier would go. Hang in there for more answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2015, 07:18 AM)Veilsd Wrote: I'm pretty sure I read in the instructions to keep the tube temp at 27 degrees or higher to help reduce rainout if you don't have it on auto. I haven't had a rainout issue with my Autoset 10 set to auto humidity control but I do have reverse cycle heating in my room. I would try adjusting the tube temp first and see how that goes.

Thank you Veilsd, I shall try turning the temperature up instead of down and see how I go with that.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2015, 09:40 AM)trish6hundred Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 07:07 AM)Gabby Wrote: Since we have had a cooler weather this last few weeks I am starting to get frequent rainout in my tube coming up to my pillows.

Thanks for any help.
Hi Gabby,
Good to hear from you again, I hope all is well.
I think you can use your machine without a humidifier, but it seems to me like I read that you need a cover that goes over where the humidifier would go. Hang in there for more answers to your questions.

Hi Trish,
How are you? Thanks for your reply. I am on the lookout for one of those long socks to cover my hose.
I'm still not sure how I go about not using the humidifier at all.
I hope this finds you well and happy and it is good to see you are still here giving out advice.

Gabby
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried running mine on manual when I first got it last September and fiddled with the humidity & hose temp settings over the course of a couple of weeks but had terrible trouble trying to get the balance right between comfort and keeping rainout at bay so I switched to auto and its been fine through the seasons. It got down to 1 degree here overnight last night and I had no problems and my room gets pretty cool overnight.

Keep warm:grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is the cold air from the room is cooling the hose, causing condensation of the tube. Things you can try are to just fill the tank with water and run it as a passover. You might bet enough moisture to keep your nose from burning. Or turn the heat on very little. A tube sock might work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 01:14 AM)Gabby Wrote: I'm still not sure how I go about not using the humidifier at all.
Hi Gabby
Use the SlimLine, and turn humidity off, either with no water in the tank or with water as in "passsover" so you get some moisture if needed
Also there is a side cover, replaces the water chamber, so you don't have to worry about water, humidity, or Climate Control

[Image: Accessories_Air-10-Side_Cover_Grey_heroi...53X343.png]

Grey for AutoSet 4 Her and Charcoal for the rest
You can get one from your supplier

Climate Control "Auto" designed to protect against rainout, rainout is water in the tube and mask and does make a gurgling sound

If you're getting some moisture in the pillows, then its likely from your breath
Some nasal pillow users commented on getting a hose cosy for the short hose

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Gabby,

How are you doing?? Haven't heard from you in a while.

Turning the hose temperature up is the right way to go to reduce rainout (condensation).

I am not sure how it works on the A10s but you should be able to use it with no humidification without having to buy anything. I think that you would just leave the tank empty and set the humidity to 0. Have fun.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for all your valuable answers.
I am going to work my way through all of them. The last couple of nights I have turned the humidity down and stopped filling my water tank quite as high and I have had no rainout or gurgles, so far.
It's been great to be back and reading all the questions and comments again.
Especially seeing all the old names and loads of new names who have been lead to the best place on the web for sleep apnea information.

Many thanks again to all of you.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 155 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,529 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 173 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,162 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 383 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 372 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.