Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about the P10
RE: Question about the P10
Thought I would revisit this thread with a update. After trying different pillows, and adjusting the straps i still could not get comfortable with the Nuance Pro and went back the reliable Breeze. I called the DME and they sent me the Airfit P10 which I recieved yesterday. I slept with it last night and while it was more comfortable then the Nuance my nostrils are a little sore this AM. I think the biggest thing causing this is the inability to adjust the straps it was just a little bit tight (I have a big melon head Smile ). It is too bad Resmed didn't make this mask with adjustable straps. I will use it again tonight and hope it works itself out.
Post Reply Post Reply
The straps tend to loosen up after awhile. They stretch, and a lot of folk will wash them in hot water to shrink them again. So if you want to keep it from shrinking, don't wash in hot water. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rick_V

The strap tension is adjustable to some degree. The way to loosen the tension is to separate the strap where it splits into two strands.

Keeping the two strands together is tightest, separating the strands noticeably reduces the tension. It seems that a slight difference in tension makes a big difference in comfort.

FWIW my first night on the P10 was very uncomfortable, too. Felt like someone pressed a steel bar into my septum. I did three things for the 2nd night and it made a big difference:

1. Changed from medium to large on the mask insert

2. Loosened the tension by adjusting the strap so the strands were further apart

3. Made sure I was not wearing the mask upside down. If you put the mask on upside down it is very uncomfortable

For me night 2 was so much better it won me over. Some combination of the above adjustments made all the difference. I woke up on day 2 as a P10 convert.

Also after a while the strap stretches and I tightened the strap back up (by moving the strands closer together). It's amazing that this works but it does. As OpalRose noted above, when I wash the strap it returns to its original tightness and I adjust accordingly.

Hope this is helpful info. Like other masks give it a few days to play with adjustments and get more comfortable.

Good luck, and of course -- you will be assimilated. Smile

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
After few weeks of use, the straps on my P10 loosened up a fair bit. Even so, the mask still seals very well!
The longer I use this mask, the more I like it!
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2016, 09:02 AM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: Rick_V

The strap tension is adjustable to some degree. The way to loosen the tension is to separate the strap where it splits into two strands.

Keeping the two strands together is tightest, separating the strands noticeably reduces the tension. It seems that a slight difference in tension makes a big difference in comfort.

FWIW my first night on the P10 was very uncomfortable, too. Felt like someone pressed a steel bar into my septum. I did three things for the 2nd night and it made a big difference:

1. Changed from medium to large on the mask insert

2. Loosened the tension by adjusting the strap so the strands were further apart

3. Made sure I was not wearing the mask upside down. If you put the mask on upside down it is very uncomfortable

For me night 2 was so much better it won me over. Some combination of the above adjustments made all the difference. I woke up on day 2 as a P10 convert.

Also after a while the strap stretches and I tightened the strap back up (by moving the strands closer together). It's amazing that this works but it does. As OpalRose noted above, when I wash the strap it returns to its original tightness and I adjust accordingly.

Hope this is helpful info. Like other masks give it a few days to play with adjustments and get more comfortable.

Good luck, and of course -- you will be assimilated. Smile

Saldus Miegas
I found that I damn near had to put the upper strand on top of my head hopefully after a few days it will stretch out. I will stick with it and see what happens. I always have my Trusty Breeze to go back to.Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,422 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.