Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about the P10
Question about the P10
I am thinking about changing masks, I have been using the Breeze for about 3 years but, I am thinking about going to one of new and improved masks. I like all the features of the Airfit P10 except I sleep on my side and have always used the masks that were top of head feeders. Before the Breeze I used the Comfortlite 2 (which was great) util it was discontinued. So my question is does the hose port on the P10 pivot to where I can route it up over the top of my head or should I just try a mask like the Dreamwear?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about the P10
The P10 has an 18 inch umbilical hose that doesn't swivel but is very flexible. Several users have reported tying it off with a velcro strap to the top of the headgear to achieve your setup preference. Personally, I use a hose hanger that supports the hose above me.

Good luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 08:09 AM)Rick_V Wrote: I am thinking about changing masks, I have been using the Breeze for about 3 years but, I am thinking about going to one of new and improved masks. I like all the features of the Airfit P10 except I sleep on my side and have always used the masks that were top of head feeders. Before the Breeze I used the Comfortlite 2 (which was great) util it was discontinued. So my question is does the hose port on the P10 pivot to where I can route it up over the top of my head or should I just try a mask like the Dreamwear?

Short answer is no. The flex hose doesn't pivot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take a look at the Nuance, too. It has a pivot hose, has a loop to route the hose through, and is lightweight.

But any mask can be made to go in that direction. A bit of string on the headboard, a store-bought hose hanger, or even just tucking it between the mattress and headboard (which is what I did for years).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Gonna call the DME tomorrow see what they have available. I know I can go to another DME but, since everything is in place with this one seeing how I just got the new machine from them I will see what they have before going to another DME. I was thinking maybe I could rig something with one of my old Breeze headgears I have few laying around.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO, you can try the DreamWear but... resistance is futile... no matter what mask you try, you will end up with P10 as the one of your top choices if not the only one...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2016, 09:46 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: IMHO, you can try the DreamWear but... resistance is futile... no matter what mask you try, you will end up with P10 as the one of your top choices if not the only one...
GoodOne
I have an appointment tomorrow morning to try the Airfit and the Nuance. Will see if you are right. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going with this.

(01-10-2016, 09:46 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: IMHO, you can try the DreamWear but... resistance is futile... no matter what mask you try, you will end up with P10 as the one of your top choices if not the only one...

And for comfort, I found that even though the snout does not swivel, I start on my back, take the hose and giving myself some slack, I just tuck it under the top right corner of the pillow. (the machine is to my left) on a table next to the bed while lying on my back. This lets me roll to either side as needed and very rarely comes out from under the pillows edge nor pulls on the mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
I went with the Nuance Pro it just felt right as soon as I tried it on. The RT said that I have 30 days to try it out and if I am not happy with it I can change over to. the Airfit. She said she would make a note on my file to state that if I am unhappy with the Nuance to send me the Airfit. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also try the Nuance in a fabric frame if you end up not liking the Gel inserts in the frame of the Pro. I find the fabric more comfortable, but we all are different, after all.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.