Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about travel
RE: Question about travel

I have traveled many places in USA, Canada, Europe, etc. with my machine and humidifier. It is usually easy enough to get distilled water just about everywhere. If there is none closeby, I have used tapwater without any problem. Air travel is already way too big a hassle to add the necessity of carrying water bottles which could leak out, and the bigget problem of dealing with bossy TSA inspectors. I have found that just getting my machine through the TSA is big enough problem, and they still go through that cutsey wipe and scan routine of the machine.

Just deprive TSA of that routine and get water at your destination, or for short term use tap water.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
Opps, day two in this forum and I have already violated the rules. My humblest apologies to the forum members. :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2013, 09:33 PM)Donna Wrote: Opps, day two in this forum and I have already violated the rules. My humblest apologies to the forum members. :-(

No problem Donna, you were trying to help someone, which is a good thing. We just have to limit commercial links to maintain our legal status as an educational website and forum so that we can claim "Fair Use" under the U.S. Copyright laws in order to distribute copyrighted CPAP manuals to our members legally. Kind of a pain, but it's done to make sure the forum stays out of trouble legally.

Thanks for your understanding. Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
No worries, Donna....I had actually seen it and noted it in a previous post (I took some of my label cues from it and the CPAP tags you can get).

Duke, I would agree for most metro areas...but I've got a two-fold reason to explore this: first is the time I travel (often catching a flight east after my usual working day, which means tap water, bottled water or finding a 24 hr store with distilled when I get there) and second, my northern travels mean bottled water, tap water and a late night shop are out and I'm humidifier-less until I can get to the Northern store.

Seeing as both the TSA and CATSA have exemptions for CPAP and supplies, I'm hoping to come up with a low(er) hassle solution Wink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try auto accessory stores for bottles of distilled water. I have seen them in stores here in Australia in 1 and 4 litre bottles and assume there available in most countries world wide.
I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply
It worked like a charm....notified the screener of the water upon reaching the screening point and it was smooth sailing right through. They swabbed the bottles, but didn't hassle me at all. Yay!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,677 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,727 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,286 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 457 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel ASV morningstar 5 776 10-26-2023, 10:22 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,087 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.