Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about turning machine off or unplug from wall
Question about turning machine off or unplug from wall
Hi just wondering what do you all do or what’s best do you in the morning when ya wake up do you turn it off an leave it?
Or do you switch it off at the wall a an unplug it ?
I keep hearing different things 
Some say just turn it off an leave it  power it down 

Some say I got to unplug it from the wall each morning 
An some say nah just leave it switched off at the wall 
This is my first one an sorry for the silly questions just I don’t know
Ppl say motor keeps running in background or something lol
Just wondering what you all do ?
Thanks 

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about turning machine off or unplug from wall
Hello again.

I just hit the power button on top and leave it.  I don't unplug it or anything else.  I gleaned from this board that this is fine.

Good luck with your therapy!

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I leave my machine on. Your question made me think!
However, it's plugged into a new surge suppressor.

I always use a surge suppressor to protect my machine. I want to keep my machine running and protected from electrical surges.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Same as Dave. I use a surge protector. I've never turned off my machine unless moving it for some reason.

Every morning, I just hit the power button.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can do as others suggest, just leave it on or you can do as I do, set it to power saving mode.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Cheers mate an thankyou very much appreciate it 

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
I just leave mine on then I pick up the mask at night pop it on and breath, no hassle no crawling arround on the floor to plug in/switch in the machine. It works for me
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine was supposed to shut down completely after use they would have manufactured it to do so.

Press the power button as you are supposed to do.

If you should unplug the machine, the recommendation will be in the manual which I am fairly certain it is not.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never turned mine off. I just hit the stop button on top. I use a surge protector.

When you hit the stop button on top of the machine of ResMed machines they power down the motor to very low to dry and residual humidity out of the hose and that can run for quite some time. On my PR machine it just stops the air flow.

I know if you wanted to prolong the life of the power supply unit that turning it off at the surge protector would accomplish that.

There is enough ritual already incorporated into CPAP use without creating unnecessary steps. Laugh-a-lot

Sleep-well
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to follow the recent posts on  Aisense 10 - leave on or turn off?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,261 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 530 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 815 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Medicare Question - Replacement Machine srlevine1 7 800 04-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,705 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,891 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  AirSense 11 Turning Off Humidifier? CChamp 3 5,940 06-09-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.