Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about vAuto modes
Question about vAuto modes
Under what circumstances would you want to change from the vAuto setting to the S setting or the CPAP setting?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about vAuto modes
If you don't want the EasyBreathe flow transition, you can choose s-mode and turn that off. S-mode provides fixed bilevel pressure which some people prefer for less disruption or to prevent higher pressure from the Vauto algorithm, but you can set the Vauto to a fixed pressure if you know what you're doing. In S-mode the flow limits are not reported.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As much as I would like to use the VAuto, I find pressure change will cause sleep disruption for me.  I wake up tired, and my charts are very erratic.  After switching to the S mode, I've since found my sweet spot and have had 25 days with an AHI of 0.0 in the past 2 months and feel great.

I should say that since I wanted to monitor my Flow Limits, I switched back to VAuto but set it up as a pseudo S mode. 13/18 PS:5
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape, amazing results.

I would like to know if the Vauto "feels" any different to you between S-Mode and pseudo S-Mode? Can you feel the difference?

(I have tried S-mode before but only with F30i I thought the breathing felt easier. I want to try this again with P30i for a while, but like you I do like to follow my Flow Limitations.)
Post Reply Post Reply
So long as I don't turn off "Easy Breathe" while in the S-Mode, there isn't any perceivable difference.  Boy!, I'll never turn Easy Breathe off again.  Talk about going from 0 to 60 in one second between exhaling to inhaling.    

I'm keenly aware of changes in my environment even when I sleep.  Any change in sound, light, and as it so happens, changing air pressure, cause me to have sleep disturbances.  When I use the VAuto mode I am aware of waking up many times during the night.  The pressure changes and the increased air flow sound is what I remember.   As a result of this disturbance, I will feel like 9 miles of bad road the next day.   It was by accident that I tried the S-Mode, and I'm glad I did.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 144 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 732 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,364 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.