Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about wireless modem in Aircurve 10
Question about wireless modem in Aircurve 10
Ok so I'm buying it used from Supplier #2 not a DME. On the RX it asks for the cellular modem. Will that be on and sending info to my Dr or not since I bought it on my own?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question about wireless modem in Aircurve 10
Pretty sure the machine sends data to Resmed, and the Doctor's office then accessed that data.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2020, 08:16 PM)slowriter Wrote: Pretty sure the machine sends data to Resmed, and the Doctor's office then accessed that data.

One of the respiratory therapist said I'd have to bring my SD card in since I'm buying it on my own. It's got me all confused.
Post Reply Post Reply
All Resmed machines have an onboard chip that transmits data to "Airview" which is what your DME uses to see your data. All they need is the serial number to register the machine to view.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2020, 08:47 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: All Resmed machines have an onboard chip that transmits data to "Airview" which is what your DME uses to see your data. All they need is the serial number to register the machine to view

Ah, I'm not using a DME so will my sleep Dr be able to use the serial number to look up my info?
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe, but if they told you to bring in the SD card, it doesn't sound like they can view the data wirelessly. If you do need to bring an SD card in, it's best to copy the data beforehand in case the docs office messes it up. Yes, they'd probably find a way to mess up your SD card.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In general yes. You can try it yourself. Create a MyAir account at Resmed, and add your machine serial number. The data will then show up there.

But I'm guessing there's more data on your SD card than gets transmitted to Resmed. That may account for why they ask for it?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed actually has 3 sets of data.
1. Summary data - goes to MyAir, AirView (Subscription for your doctor), and the SD Card and is retained in CPAP memory.
2. Med Res data - goes to AirView (Subscription for your doctor)
3. High Res Data - similar to the above but only goes to SD Card. This (and the Summary data) is what OSCAR uses

By getting data from the SD card your doctor is getting more detailed data than he can get from other sources.
Post Reply Post Reply
My doctor confirmed it on multiple occasions that he doesn't see everything he wants to see on myAir and I need to bring my card. According to him most data on myAir is for compliance and insurance purposes as well as ongoing general monitoring due to remote changes to settings. Not sure if all that is true but there no reason to ask for cards if it isn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
The feedback from your doc sounds about right in what I know of myAir.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 560 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,495 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 206 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,234 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.