Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question about wireless modem in Aircurve 10
RE: Question about wireless modem in Aircurve 10
Wish there was setting (other than Airplane mode) to shut off modem in newer machines. Resmed gave me stock blah blah answer when I asked.
Post Reply Post Reply
Technically there is a way to disable the modem. Remove the cover and unplug the modem cable.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thx...had seen post about that. Communicated with Resmed that some of us have no reporting required and would be nice to turn this off. Appears there are more that need this feature than not and it will likely not be changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
My AircCurve 10 VAUTO does not include a modem chip, so I can't register for ResMed's MyAIR. I have confirmed the lack of the modem with my medical equipment supplier.

I must say this decision by ResMed to ship devices without online access capability is very frustrating. I find it very difficult to contact ResMed directly, and it seems like they want all questions about their products to do the the clinicians and not to them. Their devices are great. Their customer care, not so much.

I have an different AirCurve before this and the modem stopped working when the 2G networks ceased to be supported. 3G support will be ending ni a few months. As far as I can tell, no ResMed device supports Wi-Fi as an option. I don't understand ResMed's approach to wireless support, but it seems to be very antiquated and inflexible.
Post Reply Post Reply
sjtaffee,

It may be frustrating for some but at least you can still use an SD card in the machine to get your data and share with your Dr, and use with OSCAR.

The massive Philips recall has left a shortage of available machines.  Combine that with the global microchip shortage and here we are.  ResMed made a decision to distribute the 10 series units, without the cellular modem module, to help fill the shortage of machines.  Those models are called "Card-to-Cloud".  It may not be as convenient but it's better than no machine at all.

ResMed has never seen the patient as their customer and you will likely not get any satisfactory response directly from them.  Your Dr/DME are their customers, not us.

As for 2G/3G, that had nothing to do with ResMed.  The cellular communication industry made that decision.  Technology gets outdated/updated and, unfortunately, there is no easy cost effective way to upgrade all the old machines still out there.

IIRC your Dr can upload the SD card data (using their clinical software AirView), just bring the SD card with you on your next visit.  Not sure if that effects MyAir or not.

Get an SD card, anything 2GB to 32GB will do.  Then download OSCAR and import your daily data.  You will be able to keep an eye on your treatment yourself.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 299 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,617 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.