Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question - apnea mouth devices
Question 
Question - apnea mouth devices
I have an AirSense10 that I have had for a couple of years. I am going to Europe for a couple of weeks in October 2022. I have seen mouth devices for people with sleep apnea and was wondering if anyone has tried these/had success with these. I really don't want to lug around the apnea machine for two weeks. I do grind my teeth at night, so have a bite guard anyhow. The mouth device may kill two birds with one stone. I would love to hear from anyone who has tried these.  Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question - apnea mouth devices
I haven't tried one, but have read about the experiences of those who tried them. I would suggest that you try this experience at home before you travel. You don't want to be a few days into your trip and realize that it's not working for you.

Carrying the CPAP machine is not that big of a deal. It doesn't count against your carry-on limit. To plug in your machine all you need is the same cord you'd use to plug in a laptop. Or you could just get a simple adapter. There is no need for a power converter as your machine will run on the European grid with no problem.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 5 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,830 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 371 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.