Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question for Amamr View users?
Question for Amamr View users?
I'm on therapy for less than a month now and doing OK. On my third mask so far, the Amara View. When I first put it on it is really tight! During the night it starts to leak and fells loose. I marked the straps so they are no changing. I still have not made an entire night without waking.

I did find one good thing about treatment. I have way more energy so I can go to bed at 11PM and wake at 5AM and only have to use the "machine" 6 hours max!

Thanks for your help. I done think I would still be using this device without you guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question for Amamr View users?
You may be over tightening it and that in itself can cause leaks. Read Bonjour's mask primer in my signature below.

Having said that though, I never got along well with the Amara view. Too many leaks for my liking. But many folks do like it. Hopefully they will chime in to your thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too did not have luck with the Amara View. No matter how I tried to adjust the straps it still leaked. I hope you will be able to get it to work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Search for the manufactures video then misc videos on fitting the Amara view. Sometimes it's the sequence of straps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Amara View since it came out about a year and a half ago. For me, it has been a good fit. I must use a "full face" mask since I cannot breathe reliably though my nose, especially at night. I tried several "full" full face masks and had issues with them since the put pressure too close to my eyes. 

Fitting is a big issue with the View. I am a pretty big gut but only the small version works for me. My older brother that is about two thirds my size uses the medium size. 

I actually didn't think the mask would work the first few days. I couldn't get it ti seal correctly. I learned to position the strap just below the the rear crown of my head. The four straps must be balanced. After I learned the proper tension, it became second nature. You don't want it too tight! I position the mask under my nose and then pivot the bottom into place. The seal is made under pressure. The pressure inflates the seal so you don't want it too tight. I place the mask, breathe a couple of breaths to check the seal and then turn on the machine. After using it for a while it is second nature. 

One thing I have found when replacing an old mask, the new one has a lot of traction and works better after a week or so. It is like it sticks to the skin too much.

I had to coach my brother for several weeks to get him comfortable with the mask.

Everyone is different, it may not be the mask for you. For me, it was worth the learning curve.

V/r
Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although not currently on any PAP therapy, Amara View is still owned by me and was what I was using. I liked the mask, but found it was picky on adjustments. I hadn't used it enough to get that just right adjustment even after going through the mask adjustment guide. I'll get more opportunities for getting it set right though, when I take possession of the
ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV machine next month.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,082 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 350 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 586 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,156 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 554 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  CT Angiography - 3D Airway view reconstruction fotjon 2 403 09-15-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: fotjon
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,714 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.