Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question for Amara View users
Question for Amara View users
I'm considering switching from my Airfit f10 to an Amara View full face mask. How would this mask work with a pretty hefty mustache? Would I expect leaks? What seller , from the list, lets you return masks if you are having trouble with them? Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question for Amara View users
I use that mask and have facial hair, seals just fine. There is a slot for the air to pass through with a strip that sits against your upper lip. This strip is to keep the sides of the nose seal from pushing out and not actually part of the seal. The nose seal forms around the bottom edge of your nose, so no problem with facial hair there.

The rest of the mask sealing is no different that any other FFM, adjust 1.8 inch at a time and you should be able to get a seal.

I love the Amara View-nothing on top of my nose. Smile

oh and I have a trimmed beard also
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Amara view also. You need to get the proper size. There is a fitting size gage on the Web.

I have a donut around my mouth and it seals nicely. Actually it's the best FFM for me as a side sleeper. Almost no leaks and it's nice to be able to see with no restrictions.

Good luck!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Amara View. Proper tension is the key to a proper seal. You don't want to crush the cushion to your face, just a balanced tension. The top band should not be too tight, just enough to keep a seal on the bottom of your nose.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Amara View for me was tricky to get "right" - But ive heard once right its a real nice mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very new to this but started with a Amara View and just got up from my 12th night with it. At first, I guess because of getting used to the whole deal, it was very uncomfortable to me and I would toss and turn a lot and constantly getting leaks. I tried a nasal mask and that didn't work so good for me. Went back to the View and loosened the straps some and am getting accustomed to it now. It's much better than the first few nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a reminder. The Amara View is not recommended for those who have or could have glaucoma as there is evidence that it can raise eye pressure. Be sure to have an eye exam to check for glaucoma before getting the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2016, 01:30 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Just a reminder. The Amara View is not recommended for those who have or could have glaucoma as there is evidence that it can raise eye pressure. Be sure to have an eye exam to check for glaucoma before getting the mask.

Pretty sure this is a concern with any CPAP mask as they all increase pressure and the lawyers told them to disclose it.

I don't know any reason that the Amara View would be any different from any other FFM or even a nasal mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
I currently use the F10 FFM. Use RemzzZ liners to get a seal. Use Chinstrap as I am a mouth breather and the strap keeps the FFM from riding up. Before the liners and the strap, I would wake and find the bottom in the FFM in my mouth and massive leaks - mouth "glued" shut and eyes dry and on fire. Seal and rideup better now. The F10 still bothers my eyes as I have rosacea in my eyes and suffer dry eye.

I tried the Mirage Liberty ( multiple times), but the ride up problem caused my nose to become very sore due to excess upward force ( Felt like a "gorilla" had two fingers in my nose and pulling up hard). Seal also broke and massive leaks.

That being said, would the View FFM work well for me and not blow air into my eyes as much as the F10 or feel like "gorilla" has my nose? I would still use the strap and I think liners are available for the View also if needed.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with Simplus and it did at times blow air into my eyes. Switched to the Amara View and have not had that issues since, not sure how the air would get way up there from the bottom of my nose anyway.

There are still many times when I have to put a hand to my face to make sure I still had the mask on my face. It takes so fiddling to figure out how to set this mask on your face, I and many others tried to pull it up under the nose too hard, causing a sore nose, trying to make sure that it did not leak. You don't need to do this, it actually raps around the bottom of you nose and is not sealed by upward pressure.

This mask cannot ride up. I suggest you give it a try and fiddle away-before you lay down to sleep, give yourself some time to get the fit right.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,235 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 355 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Looking for Help Interpreting OSCAR Daily View timfik 4 588 11-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: timfik
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,157 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 557 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  CT Angiography - 3D Airway view reconstruction fotjon 2 403 09-15-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: fotjon
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,718 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.