Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users
Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users
I found a great price on a S9 Autoset but it does not include a humidifier. Can I just purchase a humidifier elsewhere and use it or is there something different with the machines with included humidifiers and those without. I have never owned a S9 so I'm clueless.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users
Supplier #2 on the list has the H5i humidifier for the S9 for $99.
Make sure you have a 90 Watt power supply;or, you'll have to buy a 90W. <--- this can be the "gotcha" as there are no differences in the blower unit.

You'll have to search their website -- I cannot post a link to their site (forum rules.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Just as Mongo says, the problem with buying new without the humidifier is that they don't supply you with the correct higher power power supply. Without that, getting a humidifier later will require buying a new power supply. If the seller is willing to throw in the alternate power supply, then go for the deal.

The power supply is about $60. If you need to buy the additional cord, it's another $10. It would have to be a pretty good deal, IMHO, since you also have to get the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks justMongo. I never would have thought of the powersupply.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2016, 05:47 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Just as Mongo says, the problem with buying new without the humidifier is that they don't supply you with the correct higher power power supply. Without that, getting a humidifier later will require buying a new power supply. If the seller is willing to throw in the alternate power supply, then go for the deal.

The power supply is about $60. If you need to buy the additional cord, it's another $10. It would have to be a pretty good deal, IMHO, since you also have to get the humidifier.

This is true but I can get the machine for 310.00, the Humidifier from Supplier #2 for 90.00 and the Power supply from Supplier #1 for 60.00 that adds up to 460.00 That's still a pretty good deal I just didn't know if I needed a kit or something to make the Humidifier work. Thanks you guys for all the help
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2016, 06:09 PM)LAGrandPA Wrote: I just didn't know if I needed a kit or something to make the Humidifier work.

Nothing extra. The Blower unit and Humidifier slide together, there is a lock detent on the back of the H5i. The air pathways hook up; the electricals hook up; and the humidifier menu becomes available in the blower unit. The unit sold by #2 has a new water tank.

(Slide them together with the power disconnected.)
[Image: Screenshot_1_3.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LAGrandPA,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you on your machine decision and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,095 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 470 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 214 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.