Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question for anyone who has a Transcend Cpap Auto or otherwise
I bought a new Transcend auto cpap online and am generally very satisfied except there is a chemical burnt smell emanating from the blown air.

Out of curiosity I went to a local DME and tried a unit there and sure enough it had the same smell. My online dealer has more units coming in next week and they will check them and I asked the MFG to escalate the question to their production manager.

So does your unit have a burnt chemical type smell coming out of the unit when it is blowing air?

I checked the filter and the tubing and that is not the problem.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmmm....I can't say I have experience with the particular unit in question, but I do know from my background that new plastics being heated (i.e. around the humidifier of a CPAP) can off-gas more.

I'd follow up with the newly arrived units at the DME when they get there...if the same thing happens with them, I'd guess it could be off-gassing from something they are using in the CPAP machine itself. If that's the case, it should subside with time....but even so, I can't imagine it is the most pleasant smell to sleep with until it does.

I'm just wondering if there would be any way to do a "burn in" on a machine to see if it is an off-gassing issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
The MFG called me and claimed they tried 3 units and no smell so they are sending me a new one
Post Reply Post Reply

What was the outcome on this? I just got one today and it has that smell. Curious if it goes away or what? Thanks in advance!

Scott
Post Reply Post Reply
never smelled it in mine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] S10 Auto vs Dream Machine auto silversnore 13 294 02-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Last Post: leadslinger
  New auto cpap Danielk 4 164 02-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] Transcend pressure adjustment omeletman 5 145 02-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Last Post: omeletman
  [Equipment] AHI on my cpap auto machine. gola321 9 452 02-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Last Post: gola321
  Question: How to cure exhale forced by CPAP machine? Spunky8 12 615 01-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Auto CPAP Pressure - Does this make sense? OldVet 4 542 12-26-2016, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  [CPAP] Z1 Auto Question BillNYC 3 242 12-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Last Post: BillNYC