Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question for anyone who has a Transcend Cpap Auto or otherwise
Question for anyone who has a Transcend Cpap Auto or otherwise
I bought a new Transcend auto cpap online and am generally very satisfied except there is a chemical burnt smell emanating from the blown air.

Out of curiosity I went to a local DME and tried a unit there and sure enough it had the same smell. My online dealer has more units coming in next week and they will check them and I asked the MFG to escalate the question to their production manager.

So does your unit have a burnt chemical type smell coming out of the unit when it is blowing air?

I checked the filter and the tubing and that is not the problem.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question for anyone who has a Transcend Cpap Auto or otherwise
Hmmmm....I can't say I have experience with the particular unit in question, but I do know from my background that new plastics being heated (i.e. around the humidifier of a CPAP) can off-gas more.

I'd follow up with the newly arrived units at the DME when they get there...if the same thing happens with them, I'd guess it could be off-gassing from something they are using in the CPAP machine itself. If that's the case, it should subside with time....but even so, I can't imagine it is the most pleasant smell to sleep with until it does.

I'm just wondering if there would be any way to do a "burn in" on a machine to see if it is an off-gassing issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The MFG called me and claimed they tried 3 units and no smell so they are sending me a new one
Post Reply Post Reply
What was the outcome on this? I just got one today and it has that smell. Curious if it goes away or what? Thanks in advance!

Scott
Post Reply Post Reply
never smelled it in mine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,913 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 303 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,896 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 1,090 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 1,009 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 438 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.