Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Help [My S9 is malfunctioning]
RE: please help
(04-24-2017, 01:58 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: I think you can set the pressures on the old Remstar M series, but probably cannot see any data.  I don't think that version tries to aid your breathing by having a pressure shift between inhale and exhale.  That may be just fine for the near term.

You said "wish me luck"

Good Luck!

QAL

Yes sir you are correct, I do have instructions on how to adjust the pressure from way back and it doesn't shift pressure it's pedal to the medal other than the ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2017, 01:58 PM)jasonarmstrong Wrote: AirSense™ 10 CPAP is the one I am getting according to the supply store.

That machine is a "brick". It produces no data.  Tell them you expect an Autoset.

The CPAP Elite will provide data, but an auto machine can treat you with lower pressure, and increase pressure when you need it.  If it has been a while since you had a sleep study, your doctor may support you having an Auto CPAP because it can respond to your changing needs.  Ask your doctor for the Auto CPAP.  The prescription code is the same and the reimbursement is the same.  The reason to give you a brick is to increase profit margins at your expense.  Without being able to see data you won't know WHY you are having problems when they occur, and will have no choice but to be dependent on expensive sleep studies.  Get the Autoset
Get the autoset

Don't settle for the CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2017, 02:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 01:58 PM)jasonarmstrong Wrote: AirSense™ 10 CPAP is the one I am getting according to the supply store.

That machine is a "brick". It produces no data.  Tell them you expect an Autoset.

The CPAP Elite will provide data, but an auto machine can treat you with lower pressure, and increase pressure when you need it.  If it has been a while since you had a sleep study, your doctor may support you having an Auto CPAP because it can respond to your changing needs.  Ask your doctor for the Auto CPAP.  The prescription code is the same and the reimbursement is the same.  The reason to give you a brick is to increase profit margins at your expense.  Without being able to see data you won't know WHY you are having problems when they occur, and will have no choice but to be dependent on expensive sleep studies.  Get the Autoset
Get the autoset

Don't settle for the CPAP.
Well I called them back and I asked them to verify what machine I was getting and this time they told me it was the autoset. They apologized and said they looked at the wrong screen, and that they get 20 orders a day and I am in the rotation. So good news and bad news, I am getting the best unit I just don't know when I will get it. Crossing fingers I'll be able to fix the problem tonight on my s9 by going into the clinic menu and or sleep with my old friend remstar.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Help [My S9 is malfunctioning]
That's very good news.

One of the easiest solutions to fix a cranky CPAP is to fully power cycle the unit (remove the power plug).

Your S9 provides data, and your future Autoset will do that too. You should download the free #Sleepyhead software and upload your S9 SD card. This will show you exactly what is happening at the times you are experiencing this problem. I suspect you are having central apnea during sleep transition, and that is startling you awake and possibly causing a panic reaction. There is a lot your data can tell you and us about your treatment and settings.

My signature shows how to organize and post charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
better news I talked to my co-worker and she still has her s9 as a back up and she is going to loan it to me, i can change the settings to mine and be back in action I hope.
she told me it took them a month to get her new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jasonarmstrong,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you will get your new machine, soon.
I wish you good luck as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel like a million dollars today - my co-workers S9 was a Res MED Escape I used the instructions on this site (thank you!!) to set the model to my current settings and slept like a baby in the womb last night.

Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Also my co-worker bought this as a back up DeVilbiss IntelliPap DV55 and I am going to buy it from her as my back up in case my new one ever goes down. It's almost a brand new machine- sadly the patient passed away very shortly after he got the machine and the wife had posted it for sale on e-bay. The ResMed S9 escape my coworker has had malfunctioned and had to to rebuilt and like me they offered no replacement in the interim. So she loaned me her back up, until I get the DeVilbiss IntelliPap adjusted for me. It is currently set at 14.0, and I will start going through the manual posted for it and make the appropriate adjustments.

The previous 4 days have been hell, I had forgotten how bad the symptoms of untreated apnea were, as it has been 10 years for me using the CPAP's.
I feared I was going to get fired I kept nodding off in meetings and at my desk, I even car pooled to work for 2 days it was so bad driving home in the after noon.

i want to thank you all once again for the help and for this forum I am learning more and more each day by reading the threads and topics on things I thought i knew about.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machine malfunctioning? m44kohler 6 1,305 03-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Help with Malfunctioning Sleepyhead Graph bonesmurones 4 1,534 06-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Is my Dreamstation malfunctioning? hs8738 20 8,572 03-31-2016, 02:12 AM
Last Post: keys
  Is my S9 Autoset Malfunctioning? Taxman Derek 3 3,191 07-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.