Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

water in the line?
RE: water in the line??
I have found that a thick weight hose cover made from double layer nylon with fiberfill ( It's made like an insulated outdoor jacket) has soved my rainout issues. The covers are fairly cheap and readily available.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2013, 07:13 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 01:00 PM)Shastzi Wrote: I used to use a ClimateLine by ResMed but never could get it working right.
(either I'd get condensate in the hose or it would give me the dry mouth bit. )

I believe you know the answer but just a reminder -- there should not be any rainout if you have it set to "Auto" - if you have it set to "Manual" then not only is it more flexible but you're possibly at risk for rainout. OTHERWISE it would indicate your ClimateLine was malfunctioning.

Indeed so. I did that and it ate up all my water in just 5 hrs.
Not acceptable for what is otherwise a pretty good product.
I have since built on a heavier duty humidifier and it works great!

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
You can try routing the hose up over something, or tie it to something such that the hose runs up to the peak and then comes back down to you.

This way, the water will either run back to the humidifier or down to the mask. You may get some water into the mask, but it will be a drop at a time, not a big gulp. That may be enough.

The water doesn't do any harm as long as it doesn't bother you.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: water in the line?
I use a hose caddy too. That helps prevent tangles & keeps water mostly in the humidification side.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 94 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,374 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 355 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.