Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question is it ok to sleep with two pillows
Question is it ok to sleep with two pillows
Hi. I am going to ask my sleep doctor this question and curious if sleeping with two pillows is ok when one has sleep apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question is it ok to sleep with two pillows
if you don't put your chin to your chest and constrict your airway, I guess you can have 3 pillows
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep with 2-3 pillows. Both at my shoulders as I sleep on my stomach. I have one tempurpedic pillow that I use when I switch to my side. I've not had any issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2017, 06:09 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: I sleep with 2-3 pillows. Both at my shoulders as I sleep on my stomach. I have one tempurpedic pillow that I use when I switch to my side. I've not had any issues.

How do you sleep on your stomavpche with your mask
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2017, 09:30 PM)Novello1234 Wrote:
(06-24-2017, 06:09 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: I sleep with 2-3 pillows. Both at my shoulders as I sleep on my stomach. I have one tempurpedic pillow that I use when I switch to my side. I've not had any issues.

I don't know how she does it but I also sleep on my stomach at times. I scrunch up my pillow and hang the mask over the edge, with the head slightly tilted downwards. I use one hand under my chin to support my head but I also get large leaks at times, not sure if related but it could be.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2017, 10:36 PM)Russatrice Wrote:
(06-24-2017, 09:30 PM)Novello1234 Wrote:

I don't know how she does it but I also sleep on my stomach at times. I scrunch up my pillow and hang the mask over the edge, with the head slightly tilted downwards. I use one hand under my chin to support my head but I also get large leaks at times, not sure if related but it could be.
What mask do you have
Post Reply Post Reply
when i very occasionally sleep on my stomach. I position my body like this
https://2rdnmg1qbg403gumla1v9i2h-wpengin...0x640.jpeg
only I still have the pillow at a 45 deg angle, but the other way, so my head is on it and it comes under my left chest. my arm is over it
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I use multiple pillows too and no issues. I prefer a fairly thin pillow and a CPAP foam pillow with the cut-outs....For on my back, I generally have the thin pillow lower...it helps keep a bit of head tilt when I'm zonked so I don't get the big increases that many folks do sleeping supine. For side sleeping, the thin pillow goes under the CPAP one to give be adequate height (I have broad shoulders). For tummy sleeping, the thin pillow goes off to the side and the mask and hose hang off in one of the CPAP pillow cut-outs just fine.

Now, if only there was an easy way to deal with a cold when on CPAP (other than digging out a full face and having cough syrup as my BFF) Wink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,752 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 385 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.