Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question on 30-day A-Flex trial
Question on 30-day A-Flex trial
I am new to CPAP and am using the C Flex Remstar Plus. 3 days ago I began the 30 day A Flex trial. What I'm wondering is whether after 30 days I can continue to use it in the Auto adjusting mode or if it will only work as a CPAP flex after that. The Auto setting is working beautifully and has greatly relieved the severe bloating I was periodically experiencing with the CPAP flex setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on 30-day A-Flex trial
Zzz,

Yes, this has been the topic of much conversation. Why would you market a device with a capability and then have that removed? Keep in mind that it is 30 days total. In the setup, you can disable it and keep those days for future use. Also a confusing capability.

If the flex is helping you, seek a flex machine. Otherwise, you'll go back to a fixed CPAP pressure.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2013, 03:04 PM)Rev. Zzz Wrote: I am new to CPAP and am using the C Flex Remstar Plus. 3 days ago I began the 30 day A Flex trial.
if not mistaken, the plus model does not do A Flex trial
btw the Plus is not data capable machine and ResScan (ResMed proprietary software) listed in your profile does not works with your machine

Edit: maybe you got different machine. CPAP Pressure: 4-15 listed indicate an auto machine

Post Reply Post Reply
zzz, take the water tank out of your machine and look on the bottom of the blower unit for something like "450 REF" or "460 REF."

It sounds like you have a Philips Respironics System One (PRS1) PRO machine. It will also say "REMstar PRO AutoIQ" or something similar.

The Pro models with AutoIQ provide Auto CPAP for 30 days. AFlex is an entirely different thing from "Auto CPAP." Auto adjusts the pressure setting up and down slowly to find the right pressure you need.

AFlex or CFlex drops the pressure as you exhale and increase it when you inhale. It helps those who find it difficult to exhale against the pressure, and also has some other effects on some people. Your Pro machine will do CFlex or CFlex+ "exhale relief" forever, even after the 30 days are up.

Rumor has it that if you go into the clinician's menu and reset your machine, you can get another 30 day "trial." However, this erases your data, and insurance may require you to collect data and prove "compliance." Don't reset the machine until you have passed your compliance period.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
This all sounds about right with my machine. 30 day trial and i just went back to cpap. Auto mode did show me to increase my pressure from 7 to 8. How do you reset the machine? Will all the data in sleepyhead, i have for a year or so be deleted when the sd card is reset?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 08:34 PM)Turf101 Wrote: This all sounds about right with my machine. 30 day trial and i just went back to cpap. Auto mode did show me to increase my pressure from 7 to 8. How do you reset the machine? Will all the data in sleepyhead, i have for a year or so be deleted when the sd card is reset?

You don't need to reset the machine. Just leave it alone and let it do what it was designed to do. At a pressure as low as yours there's likely little benefit to putting it back in auto mode.

It should now be in CPAP mode at a pressure of 8 cm. Use the machine's capabilities to keep track of your progress. Get your leaks under control and see what happens to your AHI. If necessary you can always make manual adjustments to your pressure.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree in full and that is exactly what I did. But after several months of cpap I would like to go auto to see if anything changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2013, 03:25 PM)Turf101 Wrote: I agree in full and that is exactly what I did. But after several months of cpap I would like to go auto to see if anything changed.

Going with auto is not the way to do it.

Looking at your leak rates and your AHI is the way to do it.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I had one, I would give Supplier #2 a call and ask them how to reset it. If it can be reset, they would probably know how. If they're willing to help, maybe throw them some business to show appreciation.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can request the manual for "Respironics PR System One AutoIQ REMstar Pro with C-Flex+"
scroll down to bottom of the page "HOW TO ASK FOR A MANUAL VIA EMAIL"
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 518 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  [CPAP] Machine trial with Kaiser KKoelle 5 694 08-08-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: KKoelle
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,719 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  Trial Ending - a few questions jcw1407 1 410 05-30-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Sleep Study results, 1 month trial APAP - OSCAR breakdown pilothaz 9 1,023 04-08-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: pilothaz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.