Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question on RESMED Aircurve10
Question on RESMED Aircurve10
I'm recently returned to the board, and to using a machine (sad to say, but I haven't used mine for several years - mostly because my previous sleep therapist wouldn't let me be a part of my treatment). Anyway, I finally broke down and went back to the Dr to get a new prescription so i could get a mask and start using my old machine again. The tech couldn't understand why we'd had to set my pressure so high based on my old sleep study readings. She sent me home with a RESMED AirCurve 10 as a loaner to see if I can run at a lower pressure (my current based on sleep study is 30/25). So far, I'm liking this machine, and have noticed a difference in my sleep, but I was wondering if there was a way to see what my pressures were for the night, and my AHI level without registering at the MyAir site. I don't want to register a loaner machine, but would like to be able to see what I'm dealing with prior to my dr appointment next month.

Thanks for your time ^_^

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: QUestion on RESMED Aircurve10
(12-20-2015, 10:03 AM)icewlf Wrote: She sent me home with a RESMED AirCurve 10 as a loaner to see if I can run at a lower pressure (my current based on sleep study is 30/25). So far, I'm liking this machine, and have noticed a difference in my sleep, but I was wondering if there was a way to see what my pressures were for the night, and my AHI level without registering at the MyAir site. I don't want to register a loaner machine, but would like to be able to see what I'm dealing with prior to my dr appointment next month.

This is the machine I use as well - it's a great machine. You can download SleepyHead using the link at the top of every page. There are lots of threads on the forum here about using the software and lots of knowledgeable people to help with interpretation of the data.

Welcome to being an active participant in your therapy, and welcome to the community!

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks ^_^ just downloaded the week's data, and if I'm reading it right, it looks very promising.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although My Air is very simplistic with minimal info you can register your loaner and then register your new machine when you get it. I'm on my fourth machine and just update my machine data when I get a replacement.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a number of models under the Resmed Aircurve 10 series. Which one are you using? i.e. S, Auto, AutoSV, ST etc. It makes a big difference in making suggestions as each of those models has different capabilities and purposes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its a VAuto
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of members have had very good results with the default settings on that machine. Dial in the min EPAP and pressure support and it's usually pretty good. Should be a big improvement over your old machine, however there is not a backup timed breath option if that was something you relied on...your profile show VPAP III S/T-A
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on RESMED Aircurve10
I've honestly got no clue if I was using the backup timed breath option of not on the VPAP. I've found that at least half of what my old tech told me were not completely accurate. I'm holding off on changing the machine in my profile until my follow up next month. I'm hoping that I'll be able to swap to this one full time. Its much easier to deal with, and takes up so much less space.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 275 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Help me understand / adjust Aircurve10 ASV vs S9VPAP settings patrickbrem 2 373 08-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: patrickbrem
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 548 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Question Question on settings on Resmed S9 nbdsv96 1 453 06-12-2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.