Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly Diagnosed with Apnea - Have I been screwed?
RE: Newly Diagnosed with Apnea - Have I been screwed?
Since I'm a new member, the forum wouldn't let me post yesterday for 24 hours after 6 posts.

@retired_guiy - Thank you for posting for me yesterday. I didn't realize a new forum member had a 6 post limit the first day. I don't think my doc ran a test for a vitamin D deficiency or thyroid. I'll have to ask him about that. Since I use to spend so much time outdoors, he also ran a lyme disease test.

@GeoffD - The machine I have does have an SD card, but it's a CPAP. I changed the changed the Essentials setting from On to Plus the first day, then looked at the data a couple days ago with the sleepyhead software. The software said my machine is a brick.

@Sleepster - With the lack of sleep and exercise and weight gain over the last couple years, what you say makes sense. Even though I'm probably now getting the sleep I need, it's going to take time to start building up physical stamina. I did some yard work yesterday, and I was worn out.

The sleep center gave me the CPAP. Since they haven't even billed my insurance company for my initial study, I have no idea what their charges are for this CPAP. Just before I left the tech told me I should "write my name" on the CPAP. I thought at the time that was really odd, but I got to thinking about it last night. If I would have put my name of the machine I most likely wouldn't be able to return it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 2 78 Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 773 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 124 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 815 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 560 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 357 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 519 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.