Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is Oscar? A replacement to SH?
RE: What is Oscar? A replacement to Sleepyhead?
Your best bet may be to think of OSCAR as an upgrade to SleepyHead.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve heard a nasty rumor that OSCAR is run by a grouch.

Seriously, OSCAR is a similar report tool to SleepyHead. OSCAR will be updated and continue to get better, whereas Sleepyhead won’t. Get the one called OSCAR for better continued support.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My laptop is throwing up red flags telling me not to open OSCAR.  Laugh-a-lot
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 12:47 AM)Ockrocket Wrote: My laptop is throwing up red flags telling me not to open OSCAR.  Laugh-a-lot

I think you should just open it anyway. Maybe your computer is accidentally flagging it. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 12:47 AM)Ockrocket Wrote: My laptop is throwing up red flags telling me not to open OSCAR.  Laugh-a-lot

Not sure if you are serius or not - you might be an OSCAR dev. Thinking-about

OSCAR is a low/no budget open source collaborative project. The team isn't a "registered" developer with Microsoft or Apple AFIK, so you are going to get a warning from your operating system about installing software from unknown sources - that is different than having the software flagged as an actual virus. You can scan the binary with anti-virus software before approving the installation.
Post Reply Post Reply
AKA false positive
Post Reply Post Reply

Read all about it here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...n:_Windows
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 01:18 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:

I think you should just open it anyway. Maybe your computer is accidentally flagging it. Smile

(08-05-2019, 01:33 AM)Stom Wrote:

Not sure if you are serius or not - you might be an OSCAR dev. Thinking-about

OSCAR is a low/no budget open source collaborative project. The team isn't a "registered" developer with Microsoft or Apple AFIK, so you are going to get a warning from your operating system about installing software from unknown sources - that is different than having the software flagged as an actual virus. You can scan the binary with anti-virus software before approving the installation.

What's an OSCAR dev.?

All sorted though, just the normal alerts when the Windows system gets a download from an unknown source/hasn't encountered before.

I got the Sleepyhead data across as well, which reminds me I haven't downloaded my data for a few months now.  Oh-jeez
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
An OSCAR dev is somebody who gets grouchy when people say he's a grouch...

Seriously, the OSCAR devs are programmers who all use CPAP machines and work on improving and extending the OSCAR program so that other users can monitor and optimise their own therapy results for better sleep.

Sometimes, it keeps us awake at nights. But it is good work to be doing, I think.

Lead Developer, OSCAR - I'm biased
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used Sleepyhead. I'm not a techie......

I use OSCAR now. It got flagged. I ignored that and downloaded it easily.

It's so much better than sleepyhead.

My hat is off...soluting the developers of OSCAR. RIP sleepyhead; you served me well.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,063 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,825 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,126 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,901 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 264 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.