Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question on Sleepyhead Leak stat
With apologies in advance as I am sure this question has been asked and answered before but I just couldn't find it.

I've been on the hose for 10 years but only recently did I look for any Apnea forums. Found this one and learned about Sleepyhead. One week in and I am checking my stats every morning and trying to understand any correlations. One thing I am having trouble understanding is the Leak stat, mine is just over 30 L/min. This is Total Leak. If I am understanding what I am reading this includes air exhaled and exiting the mask. My AHI is running between 1-2, I assume this is the most important stat. If anyone can give me any sense of perspective on the Leak stat I would appreciate it.

And a rant, why do humidifier reservoirs have so many fins making it difficult to wipe excess moisture in the morning?

Thanks in advance for replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a setting in SH to change it to unintentional leak vs total leak. Unintentional is anything over the usual mask venting.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2013, 07:53 AM)Tom in RI Wrote: One thing I am having trouble understanding is the Leak stat, mine is just over 30 L/min. This is Total Leak.
What pressure are you on?
30 L/min seem too low for total leak

Maybe "system one resistance setting" makes no difference
From what read, for non-Respironcis masks ... resistance setting is "0"
[Image: attachment.php?aid=188]

PR System One Mask Resistance Settings
http://z5.ifrm.com/5902/67/0/p1031700/Ma...tanceC.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Zonk, I am not 100% sure but I believe my pressures are 16 and 9.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2013, 04:03 PM)Tom in RI Wrote: Hi Zonk, I am not 100% sure but I believe my pressures are 16 and 9.
See the table for ResMed masks ... Pressure vs. Flow Rates
http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/s...sa_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk, as far as I can tell, my pressures are generally staying below the maximum. So I am guessing that leaks are minimal for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-21-2013, 11:05 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: There's a setting in SH to change it to unintentional leak vs total leak.

I don't seem to be able to find this setting anywhere in sleepyhead.
could you be more specific?
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed S10 water leak from humidifier darren79 37 13,166 6 hours ago
Last Post: CB91710
Surprised High Pressure Causing Problems - please explain leak data Zandor435 5 351 06-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Understanding Leak Data, HELP for DUMMIES PLEASE! TrailerSweetheart 8 328 05-29-2017, 02:40 PM
Last Post: chill
  SleepyHead Data Question tiwaniuk 5 196 05-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Last Post: stanleydean
  Very High Leak Rate Grmato10 93 3,789 05-13-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help With Leak Data redmed 2 222 05-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  full face mask leak shleepapnea101 6 302 04-28-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Leemax