Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question on an Abbreviation on CPAP Receipt from DME
Question on an Abbreviation on CPAP Receipt from DME
Was looking at my DME receipt for my DreamStation CPAP and under 'Comments or Special Instructions' there is an abbreviation 'MTF'. Too few letters for a search here and a Google search found, "Male-to-female (MTF) hormone therapy, or estrogen hormone therapy, can cause a person to experience physical, emotional, sexual, and reproductive changes." which I don't think my CPAP is capable of (unless it's in the DreamStation foam).

Any takers as to what 'MTF' stands for if it's anything relevant to therapy settings?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on an Abbreviation on CPAP Receipt from DME
mask to fit?
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
If all else fails, you can always call your DME and ask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2021, 03:32 PM)sheepless Wrote: mask to fit?

Ahh..... too easy and obvious, but makes sense.....Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
just a wild guess though.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 291 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 495 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,187 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.