Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question on data on OSCAR overview page
Question 
Question on data on OSCAR overview page
I am trying to understand the graphs on the Overview page. Specifically the relationship between the sessions selected (checked) on the Daily page and the data on the graph.

If I deselect a specific session on the Daily page the values change on the Statistics page to reflect that change what is intened to happen on the Overview graphs. I would expect the data to be change but that is not what seems to happen. The OSCAR online manual is silent on this issue.

What should be the behavior of the Overview page when selected session change changed?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on data on OSCAR overview page
I guess nobody knows the answer or nobody cares...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll take a stab at an answer. I believe that the Statistics page has the flaw. In order for OSCAR's results to have any validity, the overall results (Statistics) should not have the ability to be modified.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll disagree with Red... I think deselected sessions should have the data removed everywhere - the Overview page overlooked the session deselected flag.

Obviously we need to take this up in the Apnea Software Talk forum so we can decide what to do.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The content shown on the overview page is calculated when OSCAR is first started and not upon selecting the Overview tab, or upon selecting/unselecting sessions.

Exit OSCAR, then rerun OSCAR and the Overview tab will now correctly represent sessions that have been included (or removed).

To demonstrate this:
Run OSCAR, go to Overview and note the leftmost graph.

Then go and disable the last session, go back to overview and they will still be there.

Exit OSCAR, then rerun, go to Overview, and they will be gone.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm Confused.

What is meant by "selecting/unselecting sessions"?

Can "selecting/unselecting sessions" be described in detail.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Selecting or Deselecting is done on the Daily page (bottom of left column), and the question is whether or not those changes should be reflected on the Overview (and Statistics) page.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the lower left side of the Daily screen (you may have to scroll down), it will list each CPAP session for that date. Next to each session will be a little box with a checkmark, to show that it is active in the display. If you click on one, it will remove the checkmark and eliminate the data for that session in the graphs. You can turn it on or off at any time. One good use for this feature is when you use your CPAP for an afternoon nap and don't want that data displayed with your overnight data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The results of an experiments with disabling.
1) disable a session it is removed from the daily TAB, but not the Overview TAB.
2) quit OSCAR
3) Restarted OSCAR.
4) The disable session is now removed from both the daily TAB and the Overview TAB.
This implies that Overview should update its display when a session is enabled or disabled.
quitting OSCAR and then restarting OSCAR should have the same display.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Overview Line Graph Jan Flikweert 13 116 8 hours ago
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 62 Yesterday, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 86 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 924 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 269 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 900 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.