Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question on hypopneas
RE: Question on hypopneas
It not getting a computer the problem it accessibility. I may be getting a Mac mini since Apple seems to have good accessibility built in so I wouldn’t need to spend $1000 on special soft ware to make the system accessible. But that will also depend on the software like sleepyhead if it can be used by things like screen readers and what not.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question on hypopneas
(05-14-2018, 01:36 PM)Robert121571 Wrote: I’ve been using the thing the last 4 nights and I will say I do feel more rested. What bothers me is I’m seeing several hypopneas events logged 9 last night. Could some of that be my mouth is letting air out and the unit sees it as shallow breathing and I need to change to a full face mask?

Sorry for long winded and sorry for any typos autocorrect don’t always work for me and my vision.

Robert, the first thing I take away from your post is you're feeling better! The second is that 9-events is only an AHI of just over one in 8 hours.  That is a tremendous improvement over your test result of 19 per hour and is considered very good treatment.

Finally from your profile, if your pressure is actually in the default range of 4 to 20 cm, then the solution to the residual hypopnea is to increase the minimum pressure a little at a time.  In other words, try 5-20, then 6-20, and observe the results.  As long as increased minimum pressure improves results, then you went the right way.  You can continue that titration until you either feel less comfortable, or results are not improved. CPAP titration is in large part trial and error.  You are getting good results, and great results may be only one or two increments of minimum pressure away.  This is easy to DIY.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Help with Hypopneas! strugglingzombie 0 128 04-03-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: strugglingzombie
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 340 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 311 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Help Please - Hypopneas remain with BIPAP Newby 0 203 02-25-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Newby
  Hypopneas resolved, CA's persist--help! AZAwake 5 499 01-20-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 544 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Newly diagnosed - mostly centrals & hypopneas - advice please :) sleepymum81 5 943 08-31-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: jwest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.