Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] about captured data
about captured data
Hi all,

New to this forum and CPAD topic. Recenetly (60 days) got this Resmed s9 machine and was going to the doctor for him to tell me what data was captured on the SD card and what it meant. Since I'm software engineer bt trade, thought I can take a look at what's on the SD card and maybe don't have to spend extra $$ for essentially a 5 min job. Put the SD card on my laptop and it shows up with these type of file extensions: .CRC, .TGT, .log and .edf
I can see some of the file are in binary, I can use hex editor to see what was there. I wanted to know if there's some 'standards' as to what kind of data format collected/stored for the CPAD machines. That would help me unlock some of the information on these files. Here are some of the data:
(this is from str.edf)
0 X X X X Startdate 30-MAY-2012 X X X SRN=23121204618 MID=26 VID=1 30.05.1212.00.007424 EDF 41 86400.0028 Mask On Mask Off Mask Events Mask Dur Mode Set Pressure EPR Level EPR Max Pressure Min Pressure Mask Pres Med Mask Pres 95 Mask Pres Max Therapy Pres Me Therapy Pres 95 Therapy Pres Ma Exp Pres Med Exp Pres 95 Exp Pres Max Leak Med Leak 95 Leak Max AHI HI AI OAI CAI UAI

(this is from identification.tgt)
#VRN 20120780535
#VPC 36888
#VID 0001
#SRN 23121204618
#SID SX474-0905
#RID 0064
#PNA S9_AutoSet
#PCD 36005
#PCB 607167123063018
#MID 001A
#FGT 21_S9_ASET_EPR
#BID SX525-0300

Any pointers and/or suggestion would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: about captured data
There are two programs that will be of interest to you: ResScan (the official ResMed program) and Sleepyhead (open source). For info, click on CPAP setup manuals, click on Adjust CPAP pressure, and click on Free Sleep Apnea tracking software. The data format is proprietary and varies from machine to machine, even from the same manufacturer.

One word of caution. The S9 is intolerant of any modifications to the data files. Even adding a .jpg or .mp3 to the data card will make the card unreadable to the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is to tell you whats the software version of the machine and it looks you've got the new version.
To view your data (efficacy data) on the screen sleep quality report you need to set the "Sleep Quality" in the clinical to ON otherwise if set to usage only hours used is displayed.
Check the info and the video for the setup instructions
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

The S9 store compliance and therapy data for up to 365 day
The S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data

Both ResScan and SlepyHead software support the S9. Look at the first page of this thread for download instructions
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-3-16-SP1
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi courtroom74, I'm not able to help you with the data question but I would like to say Welcome! to the forum.! I'm sure there will be some others that will be able to help you so keep checking back into this board. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2012, 05:37 PM)courtroom74 Wrote: Hi all,

New to this forum and CPAD topic. Recenetly (60 days) got this Resmed s9 machine and was going to the doctor for him to tell me what data was captured on the SD card and what it meant. Since I'm software engineer bt trade, thought I can take a look at what's on the SD card and maybe don't have to spend extra $$ for essentially a 5 min job. Put the SD card on my laptop and it shows up with these type of file extensions: .CRC, .TGT, .log and .edf
I can see some of the file are in binary, I can use hex editor to see what was there. I wanted to know if there's some 'standards' as to what kind of data format collected/stored for the CPAD machines. That would help me unlock some of the information on these files. Here are some of the data:
(this is from str.edf)
0 X X X X Startdate 30-MAY-2012 X X X SRN=23121204618 MID=26 VID=1 30.05.1212.00.007424 EDF 41 86400.0028 Mask On Mask Off Mask Events Mask Dur Mode Set Pressure EPR Level EPR Max Pressure Min Pressure Mask Pres Med Mask Pres 95 Mask Pres Max Therapy Pres Me Therapy Pres 95 Therapy Pres Ma Exp Pres Med Exp Pres 95 Exp Pres Max Leak Med Leak 95 Leak Max AHI HI AI OAI CAI UAI

(this is from identification.tgt)
#VRN 20120780535
#VPC 36888
#VID 0001
#SRN 23121204618
#SID SX474-0905
#RID 0064
#PNA S9_AutoSet
#PCD 36005
#PCB 607167123063018
#MID 001A
#FGT 21_S9_ASET_EPR
#BID SX525-0300

Any pointers and/or suggestion would be appreciated.

Hi courtroom74,

Welcome to the Apnea Board! Smile

I love playing around with hex editors. If you discover any good tricks with respect to the data and hex editing please post them. Okay

The s9 is an awesome machine and the Sleepyhead and ResMed software are both very good for analyzing the data. If you have any questions after checking them out please do not hesitate to ask. There are a whole lot of great folks here that love to help!

"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2012, 05:37 PM)courtroom74 Wrote: New to this forum and CPAD topic. Recenetly (60 days) got this Resmed s9 machine and was going to the doctor for him to tell me what data was captured on the SD card and what it meant. Since I'm software engineer bt trade, thought I can take a look at what's on the SD card and maybe don't have to spend extra $$ for essentially a 5 min job. ...

Since you are a software engineer you might appreciate the fact that SleepyHead is free, open source software, available on Sourceforge. There are packages for all flavors of Windows, Linux and Mac computers. Or if you want to you can download the source and compile it yourself.

SleepyHead is damn good software; some prefer it to the proprietary software. It's especially valuable for those without a Windows computer, because the proprietary software is only available in a Windows version.

The developer, Mark Watkins "jedimark," has not been able to work on it recently, but plans to return to it when he can. In the meatime I imagine he would be happy to have some help. I haven't looked at the source to see what it is written in, but you can do that yourself if you're interested.

And above all, Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-captured Waking Events Lfmichel 8 611 10-28-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Lfmichel
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
Question I captured THE ROSETTA STONE moment, please help decypher it koy23 13 1,010 03-06-2022, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,072 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.