Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question re the Info numbers on machine
Question re the Info numbers on machine
Can anyone help me understand what these numbers mean? I wrote down the numbers displayed from the 2nd and 3rd nights of therapy. I don't have them written from the 1st night. Here goes:
11/12/13 -- 11/13/13
Therapy: 16.8 -- 24.9
Blow Hours: 17.1 -- 25.3
Compliance: 2124 -- 12925
Days>4: 2 -- 3
90%pressure
(1day/7day/30day): 9.0(didn't get all #'s) -- 0.0/7.3/7.3
Therapy Hours:
(1day/7day/30day) (didn't write down) -- 0.00/8.06/8.06

The "Setup" displays:
A-Flex: 2 (What does this mean?)
A-Flex demo: 2
Heated: on
Humid: 3
Tube Temp: 5
Auto on: On
Auto off: Off
Mask Alert: Off (Should this be "on"?)
Silent Mode: On

Another couple of questions:
I wake up several times a night to go to the bathroom & I just take the mask off, but return right away. I do not turn off the machine, but should I?
I slept on my back the 1st & 2nd night, but was very uncomfortable. There was nothing that said I couldn't sleep on my side, so I did the 3rd night, but is that ok?
Occasionally I wake up & notice my mouth is just slightly open, although I mostly sleep with my mouth closed. Is that ok? Does that affect anything?

Thanx for any info/wisdom that can be thrown my way!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question re the Info numbers on machine
(11-14-2013, 10:25 PM)apibrgr Wrote: Another couple of questions:
I wake up several times a night to go to the bathroom & I just take the mask off, but return right away. I do not turn off the machine, but should I?
I slept on my back the 1st & 2nd night, but was very uncomfortable. There was nothing that said I couldn't sleep on my side, so I did the 3rd night, but is that ok?
Occasionally I wake up & notice my mouth is just slightly open, although I mostly sleep with my mouth closed. Is that ok? Does that affect anything?

Thanx for any info/wisdom that can be thrown my way!
apibrgr, I'll leave the numbers to someone else as I use a Resmed CPAP, if you want to look at data I would suggest you download sleepyhead software and then your see it better and in graph format.
We can help you with the download if you need.
On your questions, it is always better to turn the CPAP off if you go for a toilet break.
It's Ok to sleep on your back, you may get a couple more apnea's but the CPAP should keep your airway open.
For the best therapy, your mouth should be closed the whole night, you may want to try a chin strap if your using nasal pillows.
Hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Tez62. So, do you mean that I need to download sleepyhead to my laptop? The technician that brought the Resmed to me said that I would take the card to the doctor on my first visit back (30 days) and that he would read the data. So, do you mean that I can do that myself & learn about what is going on before I go to see him? I guess I'm not exactly sure how this whole process is supposed to work quite yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can download the data yourself using Sleepyhead, you can use the link below to download the software, then you will need a data card reader, the same as you use for a digital camera, if you have a new PC you may have a built in one.
You can look on Youtube and see videos on how to read Sleepyhead data.
I look at my data twice a week using Sleepyhead, I can see exactly what I am doing each minute of the night.
We take the therapy into our own hands this way.
Some people like looking at their data some don't, it's the individuals choice.
Let us know how you go.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a newbie too but I'll give it a shot.

Therapy hours are actual hours used; with mask on. Blower hours are the time the unit was turned on; included would be the time you went to the bathroom. Compliance data; not sure. Days >4 is an industry standard for compliance (for insurance usually) using the machine more than 4 hours a night. Your 90% pressure is where you were or less 90% of the time. That is broken down by single night 7 night average and 30 night average.

A-Flex is an exhale relief feature that some folks really like. From what I've been reading it makes exhaling more comfortable especially for people at higher pressures. For PRS1 machines there are 4 settings off-1-2-3. Setting 1 drops exhale pressure by 1; 2 for 2, and 3 for 3. Demo lets you try this out during the day if you'd like to see what setting you think you'd like for night.

I *think* the humidity goes like this: The first humidity settings are for 70% 80% and 90% humidity as detected by the in hose sensor. The 1-5 is temperature. I'm not too sure about the humidity stuff quite yet; someone will be by to fill in the blanks.

Auto on and off; you can put your mask on and start breathing and the machine will turn on. If you take your mask off it will eventually turn the machine off. Mask alert is give an audible alarm if it senses the mask is off during the night; might help if you take yours off during the night. Silent mode removes the "beep" from pressing buttons.

You're better off sleeping on your side than on your back as most people's pressure needs increase while sleeping that way.

Having your mouth open can let some of the pressure you need escape instead keeping your airway open. There are a few options out there to help; full face masks; chin straps, tape... You might have to try a couple options out to see what works best for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not very tech-savvy....so, I am trying to download sleepyhead, but it pops the question: Do you want to run or save Sleepyhead...from softlayer..... Would I run it or save it?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's Ok, try Run, it's been a couple of years since I downloaded it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did "run". So, now what do I do with sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have downloaded the software, you need a card reader, at the back of the CPAP there is a Simcard, you can take it out and take it to a shop and they can tell you what card reader you need, they are not too expensive.
The card goes in the card reader and the card reader in a USB portal in your PC, like where your mouse goes.
In the software you craete a new Profile (just your name)
You need to be connected to the Internet when you want to import data.
It should come up 'loading' with a green bar at the bottom.
When it does click 'Import' and it should import your data.

Does your Dr or DME have a time that they want you to collect data for?
Rarely the data on the card may want to be erased, you dont want to lose data so you may want to wait till that time is up.

Just remember to put your card back in your CPAP if you take it out.

You may want to have a look at the Youtube videos on Sleepyhead first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuAnzBVWYD4
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead also has a good user's guide.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...sers_Guide
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 119 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 262 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 697 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 497 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.