Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question re the Info numbers on machine
RE: Question re the Info numbers on machine
apibrgr, it's probably a mixture of both, I try not to drink large amount of fluids after tea, my sleep apnea is being treted but I would have to to up for toilet break.
In Dr Parks description above, it also describes well what happens to our bodies when an apnea occurs.
Can you imagine the stress this puts on our bodies, we also wake up either consciously or sub consciously each time an apnea occurs and our bodies go into the 'Fight or Flight mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also having trouble - have downloaded Sleepyhead but it says there is no data recorded. Do I have to turn something on somewhere? I have a very slow PC supplier, took over 30 mins to download Sleepyhead and is almost impossible to download any video off youtube - any suggestions please, have been messing around with this practically all day and getting nowhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
MargaretA, you do have to be on the net, first it should come up 'Loading'down the bottom of the screen, then you click on 'Import' and it should import the data, give that atry and see how you go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did that. nothing happened (well except for the message no data) - anything else you can suggest please?
Post Reply Post Reply
On the card, there is a little lock or switch to lock and unlock it, I alway leave mine unlocked, try that, it sounds like the data hasn't been read from your machine. Most also recommend turning the power off on your CPAP before you take the card out. Some of the others may have some more idea's, let us know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t use SH so cannot be be much help but you need make sure "Sleep Quality" set to "ON" otherwise no efficacy data if set to usage.
Edit: "Sleep Quality" default setting set to usage
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2013, 03:30 AM)Tez62 Wrote: On the card, there is a little lock or switch to lock and unlock it, I alway leave mine unlocked, try that, it sounds like the data hasn't been read from your machine. Most also recommend turning the power off on your CPAP before you take the card out. Some of the others may have some more idea's, let us know how it goes.

Lock is unlocked. Tried again - on the Sleepyhead FAQ regarding no data recording I got the message
Post Reply Post Reply
Even this is fouling me up!!! to continue: Lock is unlocked. Tried again - on the Sleepyhead FAQ regarding no data recording I got the message 'You need to point the import file dialog at the drive letter or root directory on the SD card, not any folder it contains' What does this mean? I am hopelessly computer illiterate. Also on the calendar which comes up, there is no data showing for the time I have been using the CPAP. Also got the message
Sleepyhead V0.9.3
Import Problem
Couldn't find any new machine data at the locations given

I'm afraid this is all double dutch to me. I have checked the clinical program and Sleep Quality is On, as is all other stuff.

On another note, last night I was able to keep my mask on for 6.9 hours this is a record for me. Usually it is about 3 - 3-1/2 hours as I find the pressure gets too much and my throat and mouth is so dry. I cheated last night, when the ramping went off I stopped the machine then turned back on again to restart and found it worked very well. Did that a couple of times and was really surprised to find it was 5.15am when I woke. My pressure is set 5 - 15 - should I lower the maximum? Humidifier is on 5. Am annoyed that I don't appear to have any data available as wanted to see what was happening. When I did my sleep test my AHI was 97 - last night it was 0.1. Usually it is from 1 up to 2.00 - more if I have had a restless night. I guess the only way I can keep track of it at the moment is to write down the hours and AHI every morning. Still that does not give me any idea of what else is happening. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you to you all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Margaret, you could try and install ResScan (link below) and see how that goes or try downloading Sleepyhead again and see if that helps.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
Just with the ramp, it means the first 30 mins or what ever you have it set for will be at a lower pressure, if it helps you get used to it keep doing it, maybe you can slowly start making the minutes shorter. I wouldn't suggest you start playing with the pressure settings, do you have an appointment soon where they can have a look at your data with you?
Post Reply Post Reply
With our slow speeds I can't download the Resmed - looked into it but it is 121 mb and there's no way I could do it. With the ramping I did have it set shorter. however the big problem is that although I feel really tired when I go to bed, once I put my mask on the air revives me - two nights ago I was awake until 1.00am after lying there tired, trying to get to sleep since 11.00pm. That's when I hit on the idea of turning it off and restarting with the ramping.
Will try to download Sleepyhead again, when there's not so much traffic around. The signal here is very weak. It would appear that there is no data to download. Would it be ok it I sent you a personal email? I don't want to publicise where and when I trialled the CPAP. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 110 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 132 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 347 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 602 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 693 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 495 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.