Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question regarding wireless transmitter
Question regarding wireless transmitter
This is my first full week of CPAP. I got a call from the DME saying that the transmitter was not transmitting. It is plugged in the back of the machine and has a blue glow around the base. She asked me to try reinstalling it. She said that if they can't get a signal, then I will have to mail in the SD card. I really don't want to do that. Is there any troubleshooting I can do to get the device to transmit properly?Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question regarding wireless transmitter
(08-29-2014, 01:51 PM)DeannaM Wrote: This is my first full week of CPAP. I got a call from the DME saying that the transmitter was not transmitting. It is plugged in the back of the machine and has a blue glow around the base. She asked me to try reinstalling it. She said that if they can't get a signal, then I will have to mail in the SD card. I really don't want to do that. Is there any troubleshooting I can do to get the device to transmit properly?Huh

Tell them their technology isn't your problem and wish them a nice day? It's not a lot different than if your cellphone company wanted you to bring your phone in because they couldn't figure out your billing information.

OTOH, I'm generally grumpy when a business that's supposed to serve me, starts telling me I have to do extra work to make up for their problems.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
Check trouble shooting page #3 and Inadequate network signal page #4
http://www.resmed.com/cn/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf

Setup
1. Disconnect the S9 device from the power outlet.
2. Align the S9 Wireless module clips with their corresponding sockets and push the Wireless module onto the S9 device [see illustrations C and D]. Ensure the module clips click into place.
3. Reconnect the S9 device to the power outlet. The LED status light on the S9 Wireless module will blink slowly (1 second on, 1 second off)

After initializing, the S9 device displays the signal strength and network information.
This information displays 5 times, for 30 seconds each time. If your healthcare professional has activated your module, the LED status light then stops blinking and glows continously. The S9 LCD panel displays the standby screen. The S9 Wireless module is ready to transmit information.

Note: Do not place items on top of, under or near the S9 Wireless module that may block reception (eg, televisions, computers)
Post Reply Post Reply
Mailing in the card isn't bad, if you buy yourself a spare card. I keep two cards going all the time. Keeps me from forgetting to re-insert the card after using in it my laptop to get my Sleepyhead data. I always insert the spare card in the machine as I pull out the one from the previous night. Also, I still have my own data card when I have to mail one in.

I actually think I like having the card to mail in better than knowing that someone else has daily access to my information.

Kathi D.
Post Reply Post Reply
There was a long thread -- I think by RobySue about them using the wireless module to adjust settings without telling the patient.
You might actually be better off just sending in the SD card. They need to show you are using the machine.

The two card idea is good. Pick up some 2GB SD cards while their still available.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2014, 03:59 PM)kderevan Wrote: Mailing in the card isn't bad, if you buy yourself a spare card. I keep two cards going all the time. Keeps me from forgetting to re-insert the card after using in it my laptop to get my Sleepyhead data. I always insert the spare card in the machine as I pull out the one from the previous night.

Brilliant!

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar wireless to my pc? Or iPhone app? Dolla Bill 3 662 08-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Wireless transfer not enabled (grey), Resmed 10 autoset Galletto1959 2 549 06-10-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Question about wireless modem in Aircurve 10 redlegs 14 3,228 08-25-2022, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,410 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wireless Quit on AirSense 10 LanceC 28 12,592 04-20-2022, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed AirSense 10 Cdma or Gsm wireless jakeconnor 2 1,537 11-14-2019, 03:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] No Wireless Signal on AirCurve 10S SleepingTax 13 2,878 02-24-2019, 05:31 PM
Last Post: SleepingTax

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.