Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question related to AirFit N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Question related to AirFit N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Hi,
I have just purchased AirFit N20 Nasal Mask from Supplier#1.
Earlier I was using Airfit P10.

In AirFit N20 there is too many small holes (highlighted picture). air are Continuously flow from this holes. Is this normal design and it is ok to flow air from this holes. I have attached mask picture and my night Oscar screen shot. In P10 I never saw air is flowing out.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question related to AirFit N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
That is exhale relief.
Necessary so you don't rebreath your exhaled CO2.

Every mask is engineered differently to handle exhaled CO2.
Post Reply Post Reply
HI Brazen ,
My impression is also same. but The air which is coming from the machine is also flowing from this holes ? Is this normal ? Does it impact life of cpacp machine ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have that mask so I can't speak to "normal" but it seems that since the mask itself has no way of knowing the difference between air from the machine and exhaled air that yes, some air from the machine is going to go out those holes too.
That would be engineered into making sure enough of your CO2 is also released from the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The venting is normal, and is engineered to maintain the required pressure, as well as mix with your exhaled air and draw it out of the mask.

Some masks have diffusers which tend to make the venting less of a gale and more like a breeze, but all of them have to vent.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will say I just switched from F30 to an Evora last night... geez, that thing gusts compared to the F30.
But... she doesn't seem to be a diva like the F30... once set I didn't have to fiddle with the straps at all. Just sweet leakfree sleep all night.

But, don't try to big spoon your partner while wearing it, it'll blow them off the side of the bed.

Who know amount of exhale relief as it relates to our partners comfort was yet another thing we need to consider when choosing a mask.
Good grief.

I bet there are charts somewhere with the CO2 relief amount of each mask.
I wonder if the amount of air is similar with all, it's just the design of the holes that affect how that air moves as it exits the mask...
Post Reply Post Reply
When I am using P10 Nasal Pillow. I did not see Air is flow out.
Even I feel more refreshed with it.
OSCAR is reporting no different. But Refreshment is different.
With P10 I have problem of Nose Pain in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,781 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 989 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,625 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 85 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,627 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 134 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 275 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.