Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question that i dont know if anyone can help
RE: Question that i dont know if anyone can help
(02-14-2015, 11:24 AM)cookie810 Wrote: It will feel like starting all over again- I will try that- but right now my ramp is set for 5 min- that is what it was last night- and I was choking on air- that cant be good- I will have to sleep without it till Monday, so then they can fix what they did-
It was all so good-why oh why did she touch it-argh

cookie810,
Reading through your posts, I have to refrain myself. I've had so many bad experiences with my DME. You ask "why did she touch it".....well who knows what she did! Usually they won't change pressure without a doctor script, and they don't want to tell you anything...this way you become dependent on them. Oh-jeez
This is why you have to take charge of your own care. Once you download Sleepyhead, you will see all the settings and what changes were made. Little by little you will start to understand the grafts, and be able to make your own pressure changes. You will realize that before long, you know more than they do!
OpalRose

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with everyone on this , Mostly with Sleepyhead or ResScan you will be able to go back to your last days with great results and see what your settings were.
That would be the most helpful thing you could do, at least you could set your setting back to that and hopefully be back on track.
Most will agree if too many changes happen at the same time it will make you feel like your starting all over.
I'm guessing she might have changed too much at one time , If you were to have your EPR set on 3 then go to off you would not like that much change at one time, along with using ramp even for 5 mins. then going to no ramp and setting your pressure closer to your minimums or increasing you minimums would mess things up for you.
The only way to know for sure is to see that data on your SD card.
Everybody is here to help you!
Okay
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2015, 12:54 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 11:24 AM)cookie810 Wrote: It will feel like starting all over again- I will try that- but right now my ramp is set for 5 min- that is what it was last night- and I was choking on air- that cant be good- I will have to sleep without it till Monday, so then they can fix what they did-

cookie810,
Reading through your posts, I have to refrain myself. I've had so many bad experiences with my DME. You ask "why did she touch it".....well who knows what she did! Usually they won't change pressure without a doctor script, and they don't want to tell you anything...this way you become dependent on them. Oh-jeez
This is why you have to take charge of your own care. Once you download Sleepyhead, you will see all the settings and what changes were made. Little by little you will start to understand the grafts, and be able to make your own pressure changes. You will realize that before long, you know more than they do!
OpalRose

Refrain yourself from?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2015, 01:05 PM)cookie810 Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 12:54 PM)OpalRose Wrote:

cookie810,
OpalRose

Refrain yourself from?

I could easily start ranting about all my dealings with them...like billing my insurance for AUTO CPAP, then asking me to pay for an upcharge.
Been trying to get nasal pillow replacements since before Christmas...still don't have them. They lost my first SD card. On and on, but this isn't about me, it's about you, and getting your equipment set at the right pressure to treat you, and that is what this Forum is about...to help you. So download Sleepyhead, and get the Clinical manual for your machine...then you won't need the DME to make changes for you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OP says that she has the Airsense 10 CPAP. If her model designation is correct, neither Sleepyhead nor Rescan is likely to help much. If memory serves me (at my age there is always the danger that it may not) the Airsense 10 CPAP is not fully data capable.

Best Regards, (Galactus would be proud)

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
True, only the Elite and Autoset have data. Not sure where I thought I saw an Autoset model.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cookie,
Welcome to this board. I have found them very helpful.

Is your "airsense 10" an Resmed Airsense 10 AUTOSET? Look on the front of the machine on the lower right corner of the face. If it is an Airsense 10 Autoset, it is indeed data capable. and will work with rescan or sleepyhead.

To be fair, though I know that DME's are the people we love to hate (and generally the best of them only gets about a 2.5 out of 5.0 on yelp and other review places) Why did she change anything? Well you said that it felt stuffy in the beginning. So she tried to "fix" what you said bothered you.

The reason many of us on the board are so glad to be here, is because the reality of the lack of communication from DME's either because they are remote, or they are hard to get in with, don't communicate, don't return calls etc... is that we are left hanging, like you are, for Monday. And as someone mentioned, your mileage varies as to the quality of the techs there. If you find a tech in the process you like, do write his/her name down and try to only see that one.

Have no fear, even if you don't feel techie, or up to figuring out how to know more about your machine/data etc, (provided you have a data capable machine) if you take baby baby steps, like I did, you will marvel at how you will progress. One step at a time.

Roughly in this order, give or take.
1.Know what one's sleep study results were if possible. If you don't have them, ask for them.

2.Know your model names numbers as seen on your items or invoice from DME- your hose type, your humidity or not, and your mask names. Then go to your profile and edit it to reflect that information. Folk can help you much easier if they know what you are working with.

3.Learn how to download sleepyhead or rescan. I did the later one first, but find Sleepyhead easier to share with the forum here. I find Rescan easier to look at the data on, but it may be just cause I knew it first.

4.People here can point you to posts, pages etc and hand hold if needed on how to download sleepyhead (there is much information at the top of the apnea forum page) and to help you figure out how to get your data etc (again assuming machine is data capable)

You are doing WONDERFULLY at 1.3. I do not have that despite much fine tuning and patience, but I'm not yet two months into this. Lord willing, I'll get there.

Again, Welcome.
Susan AKA The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
You turned the ramp off and you were happy with that, then she did something and now you are not happy, right? My guess is what she did was to turn ramp back on, but changed the ramp start pressure to perhaps 8. Which, since that's your therapeutic pressure does not make any sense. It is possible in her exuberance she actually changed the ramp or the therapeutic pressure to something much higher than you have been receiving.

Sleepyhead would tell you all of this, but if you are reluctant to do that, download the clinician manual so that you can review the settings on your machine. You say you are using the Airsense CPAP, with a fixed pressure setting of 8. So that needs verified.

Don't be afraid to use the software, or go into machine and correct the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2015, 06:37 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The OP says that she has the Airsense 10 CPAP. If her model designation is correct, neither Sleepyhead nor Rescan is likely to help much. If memory serves me (at my age there is always the danger that it may not) the Airsense 10 CPAP is not fully data capable.

Best Regards, (Galactus would be proud)

PaytonA

The base AirSense 10 "CPAP" model actually has a fair amount of data. I'm not clear on exactly what it has, but it does record AHI data and a few other things. It lacks flow rate data and some other things, but it's considerably better than the classic brick machine. Perhaps it's a "semi-brick."

However, even the ResMed "brick" machines would tell what changes had been made to the pressure settings.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] my results dont mirror others dward1972 9 1,032 04-02-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is it normal that CPAPs dont register smaller leaks? vrapche031 4 1,434 06-16-2020, 03:01 PM
Last Post: vrapche031
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  I just got my sleep results back and I dont have Sleep Apnea??? Navi 6 2,553 06-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: MikeV99
  Cant do it and I dont know what to do That Guy 11 4,149 05-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  i still dont understand how the leaks data is interpreted Louise 10 5,594 08-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question I dont know what mask I want LolaBelle 13 5,243 05-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Last Post: LolaBelle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.