Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question using PayPal to buy cpap from craigslist
RE: Question using PayPal to buy cpap from craigslist
Lanco, all the best with your purchase...!
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased my backup S9 paying via Paypal. The protection is good only if you send the money as a PURCHASE, not a gift or personal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lanco,

Good luck with your purchase of the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Purchasing a CPAP machine without a prescription is illegal here in the US. We can help another member in figuring out the quality of a used CPAP. We can help another member learn where to find used CPAP machines. But we cannot hold their hand and guide them through the purchase of it.

If you wish to purchase a used CPAP machine, that is up to you. We can help you with questions regarding quality and what may be best for you. But that is it.

(yes, it is a thin line we dance, but, ah, we have shiny dancing shoes for it)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2016, 09:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Purchasing a CPAP machine without a prescription is illegal here in the US. We can help another member in figuring out the quality of a used CPAP. We can help another member learn where to find used CPAP machines. But we cannot hold their hand and guide them through the purchase of it.

If you wish to purchase a used CPAP machine, that is up to you. We can help you with questions regarding quality and what may be best for you. But that is it.

(yes, it is a thin line we dance, but, ah, we have shiny dancing shoes for it)

Actually it's illegal to sell a class II respiratory device without a prescription. Show me the regulation that prohibits purchase or affects the consumer channel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just for clarification, for a CPAP sale to be considered "illegal" in the U.S., one of the following criteria must be present:

1. The seller is not a licensed DME.
or...
2. The buyer does not hold a valid prescription for CPAP.

Either event will technically make it an "illegal" sale. But I'm pretty sure the law (FDA regs) holds the seller responsible for 1) meeting the DME licensing requirement and 2) ensuring the buyer has a valid prescription. I don't think there are any penalties to the buyer in any case, even though the regulations state that the buyer must hold a valid prescription.

The burden of abiding by the FDA regulations for the above 2 criteria lies with the seller, not the buyer, in other words. Sellers of Class II medical devices are the ones who are regulated, not the end-users of those devices.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yippee! I scored big. This seller is as good as gold. Turns out she's in the medical field herself and is selling a relatives cpaps. Without me asking, she told me it had 76 hours on it and how to push the buttons to find it. I practically stole itDielaughing

I had her send me a pic of it, but it was obvious is wasn't necessary. I had originally asked about using Skype but she didn't have that. She had already turned down a sale from a dealer because she wanted somebody without insurance to have them.

Many thanks to everybody for their great suggestions on all aspects of my situation. Without it I very likely would not have attempted it.

Extra thanks to Sleeprider for posting the search engine you use.

Looking forward to getting my new cpap, for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2016, 10:50 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: Lanco, all the best with your purchase...!

Thanks Newbee2016 hope it all works out well. All of this seems to be kind of a shot in the dark. You just don't know til you try it and it doesn't make any difference what works for somebody else. Just like life in general I guessDont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Lanco, I think you will really like the new machine. It should help you to get the comfort and therapy you've been looking for, and it didn't break he bank...much success to you!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
ADMIN NOTE: The posts discussing CPAP prescription/DME regulation have been split off into their own thread, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...regulation
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 291 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 495 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,187 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.