Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions
Questions
Hello - The last couple of weeks I have not been sleeping very well. I have been waking up at 3:30 AM instead of my normal time of 4:30 AM. I'm thinking it might be related to the CPAP. What is the possibility of sudden pressure increases causing me to wake? The sudden change and only short period of time is causing it to not be listed on the  SleepyHead data? What are your thoughts on bringing the max air pressure down to 10 from 14? 

On a side note, my foam F20 facemask might be aggravating me with air leaks around the top. I'm would like to try the Pilairo Q again. I originally tried it but I didn't like the feeling of pressure pushing outward inside my nostrils. If I buy a long F&P hose will it plug directly into the short Pilairo Q short hose and ResMed S9 machine? Or do I need an adapter? 

Thank You,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions
macheta
Looking at the charts you supplied your max pressure was 9 which is 0.1 psi. The first 3 charts did not indicate high pressure arousals although the fourth could be.
You median pressure is around 5.5 and your epap is around 4.5. Your are blessed with low pressure controlling tour OSA.
How do you feel? Are you rested, tired during the day?
Post Reply Post Reply
You may sleep better with a fixed pressure. Try setting your minimum and maximum pressure to 6cm with a EPR of 2cm and see how that feels.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2018, 06:10 AM)gwc2795 Wrote: macheta
Looking at the charts you supplied your max pressure was 9 which is 0.1 psi. The first 3 charts did not indicate high pressure arousals although the fourth could be.
You median pressure is around 5.5 and your epap is around 4.5. Your are blessed with low pressure controlling tour OSA.
How do you feel? Are you rested, tired during the day?

I keep a daily journal. Out of the last fourteen entries I felt tired throughout the day seven times. When I wake up an hour earlier it makes me tired throughout the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a minimum pressure of 5 and EPR at 2, your EPAP does not leave 4-cm until the pressure rises to 6.0. Your pressure rises on flow limitation and in your graphs. I agree with Walla that a minimum pressure of 6.0 is probably better for you than the current 5.0. Based on the absense of events I think the fixed pressure is a safe bet and would be least disruptive. If more events sneak in, then Autoset mode between 6 and 8 is another alternative to minimize pressure changes, but provide more pressure when needed. Results are great, and limiting pressure changes should reduce your sleep disturbance. Fixed or limited auto pressure is way of doing that,
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I updated my machine and appreciate all of the wonderful feedback. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 5 192 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 174 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 151 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 247 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 361 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 311 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 332 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.