Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions I should ask at 1st follow-up
RE: Questions I should ask at 1st follow-up
Strongly suggest you follow Sleeprider's advice. He does know what he is talking about.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, will do 8 minimum it is. I had a feeling going down to 5 would be to little pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
After giving it a few nights on APAP here is a look at my charts. I do feel like I have a bit more energy. Have had a little stuffy nose the last couple nights so the results may not be ideal. I did find that the PA I saw changed the humidification settings from fixed to adaptive without telling me. Changed that back to fixed last night and it seemed to help the congestion. Watching my charts it looks like I'm good up to about 12 cm but once I get up to 13 cm I start to struggle with the pressure and it tends to wake me up. Think it's best to just continue for awhile and see how it goes. Definitely noticing a sharper mind and more oxygen in my body, helps with the workouts.

[Image: DSzRolxl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I personally think that 4-6 are actually pediatric rates, not adult rates. Most of us can't breathe below 6. Don't hesitate to make changes, but just keep them gradual. You are already covered for the insurance compliance so long as you continue to use it 4+ hours 70% of the time. They don't care what settings you are using.

I too end up seeing a PA now, but at least she looks at the Sleepyhead charts. We just have an agreement that if I have to raise my pressure above 12.5, that I should schedule a visit. My guess is that many of their non-elderly patients are very on-hands looking at data because Sleepyhead certainly wasn't new to her, nor changing my own pressures (I'm not lugging that machine in - just my SD card).
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I would respectfully disagree with the observation of 4-6 being pediatric rates. I am many many decades beyond being a child and my rate mean averages in the high 5s to low 6s. Settings are 4.6-7.6. My philosophy is to have settings as low as possible while still getting effective therapy. My AHI averages .4 to .5 per night. I know there are others here that don't require much pressure either. It depends upon many factors some of which are your airway structure and size of uvula. Some of us just don't need that much pressure, but without it my AHI is out the roof. I just don't want people to think that low pressure doesn't work. It does for some of us.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 221 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 383 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 179 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 156 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 252 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 367 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 332 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.