Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter
Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter
I recorded some data last night, and now I'm trying to upload it. The program that comes with the device doesn't see the data at all, and SH tries to upload but won't upload with out selecting "Upload Data" from the device. I can't find this menu item. There are only three items: "Alarm", "Record off", and "Exit". Also, as long as the USB cable is plugged in I receive a "Low batteries" warning. I don't get this alarm when it is unplugged.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter
I have one of those.
The USB cable that it uses is NOT a standard one. THe one that comes with it has a plastic clip on it.
The menu that says "record off" means that you are still recording! (oops I got that wrong, it is NOT recording) turn the recording off and leave it in those menus to have it talk to your computer
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
OKthanks. I didn't see the SpO2 Review application on the disk. I'll check again and try to upload.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2015, 06:21 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: OKthanks. I didn't see the SpO2 Review application on the disk. I'll check again and try to upload.

I just got this working. When you install the software from the enclosed CD, it will install two apps, by default with links on the desktop. You turn on the unit and hold the button to go to the first menu (make sure Recording is Off). That's when you plug it in with the USB and start the Review software. You can do a search and it should find it. There's a button at the bottom of the application's screen for fetching the data from the unit.

Unfortunately, all you can do is print the data, it doesn't seem to be able to export the data into a decent format, like a PDF file... OXPS is essentially useless. If anyone has a fix for this, please pass it along...

Patricia
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2015, 01:06 PM)pattim Wrote: Unfortunately, all you can do is print the data, it doesn't seem to be able to export the data into a decent format, like a PDF file... OXPS is essentially useless. If anyone has a fix for this, please pass it along...

What file extensions are you seeing?

The download should produce 3 files for each recorded session. The file extensions are: .SpO2, .csv, and a .txt file. The SpO2 file can be imported into SleepyHead if you're so inclined. The .csv (Comma Separated Variable) file can be reviewed in a spreadsheet program like, Excel or Spreadsheet in LibreOffice or OpenOffice. The text file only stores any header/title data that you input into it in the SpO2 Assistant program. So, the text file is essentially worthless.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ooo, that would really be nice. But the files are hidden. I am working under Win8 and can't seem to unhide them, although the software sees them. I didn't see .csv or .txt files, but I'll look again. Are those files created upon download or exported using the Review software? Do you know how to unhide the files in Win8? I found how to do it only in Win7 Oh-jeez

(12-12-2015, 02:16 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 01:06 PM)pattim Wrote: Unfortunately, all you can do is print the data, it doesn't seem to be able to export the data into a decent format, like a PDF file... OXPS is essentially useless. If anyone has a fix for this, please pass it along...

What file extensions are you seeing?

The download should produce 3 files for each recorded session. The file extensions are: .SpO2, .csv, and a .txt file. The SpO2 file can be imported into SleepyHead if you're so inclined. The .csv (Comma Separated Variable) file can be reviewed in a spreadsheet program like, Excel or Spreadsheet in LibreOffice or OpenOffice. The text file only stores any header/title data that you input into it in the SpO2 Assistant program. So, the text file is essentially worthless.

I hope this may help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is how you see the files:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Saved_Data
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2015, 07:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Here is how you see the files:
(removed link because it won't let me post otherwise...)

Thanks, sort of found that finally. Now I can see the files while in the software setting the data directory, including a .csv file, but all are still hidden and protected (in Win8) and I don't know how to make them visible or accessible to me. The instructions are for Win7, and Win8 seems different...
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you listed as the administrator on this computer? If so, here is a registry mod that will allow you to take ownership. It will give you an added option of "Take Ownership" when you right click on a file or directory. This instruction set works for Windows 7 and 8.

Copy the code into Notepad and name the file something like "TakeOwnership.reg" Then merge it into your registry. Do NOT try and take ownership of your C:\ drive! . . just the directory or file(s) you have a permission problem with.

Here is the code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

-Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 9 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,207 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,759 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 88 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 149 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 200 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.