Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions about Encore Pro
RE: Questions about Encore Pro
(01-21-2016, 09:21 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 08:53 PM)pupcamper Wrote: >>> It works with the card locked so I don't have to worry about something happening to the data on the card while I'm downloading it. >>>

Windows likes to write / add some indexing or whatever extra files to a media card. AFAIK Resmed machines refuse to work with cards with anything extra in the file system. PR does not care as long as the proper PR files are there. I use and download with the write protection off so I can use Encore's prescription delivery to the machine via the card. SO far, so good.

I have to show DOT compliance. The DME couldn't access my info online when I called with a question a few weeks ago so I don't want to take any chances with the data on the card. I know my modem is working because my sleep doctor downloaded my data with it a couple of weeks ago for my first compliance visit. I don't know what the DME's problem was. I'm just getting started with Encore so I'm not quite ready to use it's prescription delivery just yet. My 90 day compliance appointment is the middle of next month so I will use that time to learn Encore and then start experimenting with the settings on my machine. Thanks again for your help.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2016, 10:12 PM)pupcamper Wrote: .......
I have to show DOT compliance. The DME couldn't access my info online when I called with a question a few weeks ago ......

Ah, that's different. I don't have any compliance proof requirements so, I'm free to play chicken. In fact, when I was returning to DME a loaner CPAP I had for 3 months, I erased the card.

I wonder if your DME had a problem because they did not update their Encore software...
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note that for compliance data, you can get that directly off of the machine, no computer required. Your doctor or DME can read it off the display if they're not too lazy to do so. There's even a phone in compliance check code so that the user can read the data and "check code" and a non-ignorant doctor or DME can verify your compliance over the phone. Whether you can find a non-ignoramus doctor or DME is another question.

Not sure what the legal requirements are, but the check code or display will verify you're doing the required more than 4 hours a night for 70% of the nights in the past .

I'm not sure about the DreamStations, but the PRS1 machines have no way for the user or DME to set the clock time. Setting the clock time requires a special cable and software, neither of which is available to the public, or used by most DME's.

Encore has always been squirrelly about downloading and displaying more than one day of waveform data.

You shouldn't have to have the SD card unlocked unless you want Encore to erase or change the data on the SD card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
On DreamStation, clock can be adjusted in 1/2 increments via clinical setup menu. Per manual, this is done so the time on the machine can be synchronized with the reporting software. Come to think about it, it could also be used by people who have an issue with the reported sleep periods being broken at noon.

Not sure about PRS1 but, DreamStation clinical settings and messages can be changed / customized by writing Encore prescription and messages to the card. For me, it is easier than fiddling with the menus on the machine but for that, the card needs to be unlocked.
Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would love to be able to do it all through the card. I'm just not sure what I will need for my proof of compliance for the DOT. The answers I have been getting are all over the board. The most common one I get is to have the proof of compliance printed off of the card and then it has to be read by a DOT approved doctor. I can't do much until I find out what is involved. I have to have my DOT health certification to work.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jimsp1, GPSMapNut and archangel for your patience in answering a rookie's questions. Your suggestions were spot on.

Using the info you agave me as a staring point for research, I was able to find the files that Windows writes to a sd card and even found a thread with a bat file to automate the removable of the files and directory windows adds to the card as well as opening the tracking software. As soon as I adapt it to run on my system I will feel comfortable with leaving my card unlocked so I can use the prescription feature of Encore Pro. I'm ready to take over control of my treatment of my apnea!

Thanks again for all of your patience and help.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 809 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Encore Basic - How to download it? chipbutty 6 2,357 04-09-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DreamStation 2 - Will we ever have Access similar to Encore? Wizard99 11 1,088 02-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Wizard99
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,858 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  Encore software and OSCAR blackshark3 3 977 11-10-2021, 12:34 AM
Last Post: blackshark3
  Two Encore accounts on one DreamStation card? VOIDED 3 756 02-12-2021, 07:56 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Export data from Encore to Oscar fullerms 5 1,107 12-22-2020, 01:59 AM
Last Post: fullerms

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.