Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions about Encore Pro
Questions about Encore Pro
Only 6 of the last 30 days I have uploaded into Encore Pro have waveform data. One of those days has only partial data (3 hours). Is this normal?

The time Encore shows on all of the reports is off by 3 hours. I am running it on a Mac using Windows 10 Home with Parallels. The system time on both the Mac and Windows are correct. I couldn't find a way to change the time in Encore. Does anyone have any idea what is going on.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions about Encore Pro
The first time you download from the sd card it only seems to load a few of the wave files. It makes a new folder on the card that the new files are kept. After the first download you should get all the files. You can set the correct time by going to the company tab.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick response. So I need to leave my card unlocked when uploading?
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I left it unlocked. The new folder was P1. The old one was P0 and it has all the older files in it. Just make sure to check return to patient after download
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Thanks.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Beside having correct time set in the Encore, you have to have the correct time set in the DreamStation. IIRC that's done from the clinical setup in the machine.
Virtually everything else, you can set in the machine through changes in the prescription through Encore and SD card. Much easier than fiddling with the buttons on the machine.

Encore will display waveform for the last night preceding the download. If you want waveform available for each day, you have to download each day. If you wait (say) 3 days than the 2 previous days (nights) will not have waveform reports available.
At least, this is my experience and I'd be happy to learn any different as this is the biggest shortcoming of Encore that I can think of.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing I highly recommend is to set up another account rather than just using the EncoreAdmin account. I found out the hard way if you try to log in twice in a row to the EncoreAdmin account using the wrong password you're locked out and the only way to recover is to reload the whole program. If you screw up using the account you created you can always fall back using the EncoreAdmin account.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information guys. Looks like I will have to set up a new account and download every day.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2016, 10:12 AM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Beside having correct time set in the Encore, you have to have the correct time set in the DreamStation. IIRC that's done from the clinical setup in the machine.
Virtually everything else, you can set in the machine through changes in the prescription through Encore and SD card. Much easier than fiddling with the buttons on the machine.

Encore will display waveform for the last night preceding the download. If you want waveform available for each day, you have to download each day. If you wait (say) 3 days than the 2 previous days (nights) will not have waveform reports available.
At least, this is my experience and I'd be happy to learn any different as this is the biggest shortcoming of Encore that I can think of.

Thanks. By downloading everyday, whether I can go over the data at time or not, I have the waveform data I need for each night. It works with the card locked so I don't have to worry about something happening to the data on the card while I'm downloading it. The time is displaying correctly also.

(01-19-2016, 11:48 AM)Jimsp1 Wrote: One thing I highly recommend is to set up another account rather than just using the EncoreAdmin account. I found out the hard way if you try to log in twice in a row to the EncoreAdmin account using the wrong password you're locked out and the only way to recover is to reload the whole program. If you screw up using the account you created you can always fall back using the EncoreAdmin account.

That was a good idea. I implemented it as soon as you posted it. Thanks

Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2016, 08:53 PM)pupcamper Wrote: >>> It works with the card locked so I don't have to worry about something happening to the data on the card while I'm downloading it. >>>

Windows likes to write / add some indexing or whatever extra files to a media card. AFAIK Resmed machines refuse to work with cards with anything extra in the file system. PR does not care as long as the proper PR files are there. I use and download with the write protection off so I can use Encore's prescription delivery to the machine via the card. SO far, so good.

Everything I post on this board is nothing more than an opinion expressed by an apneak. Normally, it's based on facts and experience but sometimes, I may get things wrong or not have all the facts.
I reserve the right to change my mind. Why? Because tomorrow I may know better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 809 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Encore Basic - How to download it? chipbutty 6 2,357 04-09-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DreamStation 2 - Will we ever have Access similar to Encore? Wizard99 11 1,087 02-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Wizard99
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,851 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  Encore software and OSCAR blackshark3 3 977 11-10-2021, 12:34 AM
Last Post: blackshark3
  Two Encore accounts on one DreamStation card? VOIDED 3 753 02-12-2021, 07:56 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Export data from Encore to Oscar fullerms 5 1,107 12-22-2020, 01:59 AM
Last Post: fullerms

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.