Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions about OA and flowrate
Questions about OA and flowrate
I have been on therapy about a month and have never felt better.  I want to thank everyone for their help and advice so that I was able to get to this point.  I am attaching a few screen shots of Sleepyhead for comments from you guys concerning OA's amd CA's.  I would appreciate any help in understanding these events as some of the events are lasting longer than I would have thought.  FYI, April 10 was using the F & P Brevida mask and the other two are using Resmed P10.  I understand that CA are difficult for the machine to read, however I thought that OA would be detected and treated much quicker.  I just have a very limited knowledge of how the flow rates are to be interpreted.  I will greatly appreciate your help in understanding this data.

Mark

[Image: KCqcoh9.png]

[Image: vZtvfhV.png][Image: w6LFM0p.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions about OA and flowrate
To help you interpret the flow rate chart, right-click the left margin, and select Dotted Lines, then put a check mark next to zero. This dotted line is the zero flow and helps you define the part of the wave form that is inspiration (above) and expiration (below).

The events you highlighted are all less than 15 seconds, and none are followed by recovery breathing (higher amplitude wave-form that shows larger inspiration). All are preceded by a larger inspiratory breath suggestive of a sleep disturbance or change in position, and all of those have a rounded or down-sloping peak suggesting flow limit (probably from change in position). Your therapy is doing great, and these results beat my typical night. There is nothing you could or should do to prevent or treat these minor apnea.

Your settings are vaguely familiar to me Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, I truly value your advice and your help. You have been more helpful than my doctor in regards to my progress and success. I have visited a few other apnea fourums and was amazed with some of the replies and curt off the cuff answers that were provided. You and several other members have made "this" fourum by far the best and most trusted site to ask and recieve accurate and pertinent imformation. The other sites however do provide some comic relief!! Thanks for all of your hellp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good looking charts, I wish mine looked that good.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs CPAPnerd 7 431 02-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,595 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.