Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Questions about Simplus FFM sizes
Questions about Simplus FFM sizes
Hello All,
Thanks to everybody on this forum, my first two weeks have been a success. I was titrated with a Simplus medium, however, the Simplus sizing guide says I should really be wearing a small. Apparently I have an odd shaped head. It seems to be shorter than most, but normal width. I have tried a swift FX nasal pillow mask(couldn't stop leaking from mouth, even with chinstrap and tape), and the Dreamweaver Anew medium( a disaster from the start. Never even made it to sleep with it). I have come to the conclusion that a normal FFM is my only option for now. Can anybody tell me the width of the Simplus small cushion at its widest point? I would really like to try a small cushion, but I'm afraid it will be too narrow.

Thanks,

Analog
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Questions about Simplus FFM sizes
The width of the hole inside or the width of the outside of the cushion?  I am a not-small face and I use a small cushion
Post Reply Post Reply
i think that I got rid of my small cushions. I originally got a medium but thought the small would work better (sizing guide said medium). Used small cushions for a while but decided that the medium actually worked better. I do not remember there being any difference in width and for the FFMs that I have used the difference in size has only been the top to bottom distance.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:chill The width of the hole inside or the width of the outside of the cushion?  I am a not-small face and I use a small cushion

Chill, the width of the hole inside.

Quote:PaytonA  i think that I got rid of my small cushions. I originally got a medium but thought the small would work better (sizing guide said medium). Used small cushions for a while but decided that the medium actually worked better. I do not remember there being any difference in width and for the FFMs that I have used the difference in size has only been the top to bottom distance.

PaytonA, that would be great if the widths don't change. I discovered the Remzz liners and they solved 99.9% of my problems with the leaks. however the medium goes from the top of the bridge of my nose to almost hanging off the bottom of my chin. the liners kind of bother my eyes a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
The width of the inside hole is 2 1/8" (about 53 mm) at the widest part of the small cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Simplus mask that takes the small cushion is different from the mask that takes the medium and large cushions.

In other words, if you now have a medium and you want to switch to the small you will have to swap out both the mask and the cushion.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Russatrice, that's the same as the medium.

Sleepster, thanks for the info. I thought the mask was the same. I knew the headgear was different. you saved me some time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2017, 06:44 PM)Sleepster Wrote: The Simplus mask that takes the small cushion is different from the mask that takes the medium and large cushions.

In other words, if you now have a medium and you want to switch to the small you will have to swap out both the mask and the cushion.

Sleepster,
I just went over to my usual online vender to purchase a new small. The brochure specifically states the frame is the same, and all three cushions fit. The headgear is what changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
So it's simply a smaller headgear. I see that they do sell all the parts separately.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The cushions are permanently mounted on a rigid sub-frame that snaps into the main frame. Therefore, all you need to do to change sizes is to obtain a different size cushion. The Resmed F20 is the same in that respect.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 76 1 hour ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 298 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 441 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,542 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 351 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit
  heated cpap tube sizes please! Always Confused 2 612 08-22-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.